Marketing campaigns that shocked and awed
Every year, there are a handful of marketing campaigns that stand out, not for their beautifully chosen colors or typography, or even well crafted message, but for using creative, and sometimes even crazy tactics to garner attention, and to go viral, be it local, national, or international.
Below are a handful of creative campaigns from this year that went over well that should get your creative juices flowing. You may not have the budget for making a vending machine spit out free kayaks, or digital bottle tops, but if you get creative, with a small budget, some of these moves could inspire your own this coming year.
8 crazy marketing campaigns from 2012
- Ouch: hipsters, cat lovers deserve to die
- World’s first digital bottle top makes parties more interactive
- Sunglasses + sex appeal + a vacant house = one hot campaign
- Oreos ad serves to inspire even non-supporters
- Giant vending machine spits out bikes, kayaks to promote tourism
- Inexpensive guerrilla marketing campaign wows crowds
- Columbia sportswear succeeds by showing, not telling
- Copywriters’ wild truth or dare experiment in NYC
- Machine makes people do stunts for free treats
- Bonus: the key to viral marketing success…
While you’re in creative mode, maybe some inspirational quotes will get you kicked into high gear? Let’s try it out and see what happens…
“The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” ~Albert Einstein
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” ~Steve Jobs
“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” ~Mary Lou Cook
“Another word for creativity is courage” ~George Prince
“If you act invisible, don’t expect others to notice you. Being anonymous prevents life from sending the high visibility dividend check to the right address.” ~Carl E. Reid
“Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” ~Erich Fromm
Now go get ’em, folks!