How to work with AGBeat
At AGBeat, we are a digital hybrid news organization that publishes news and opinion much like a magazine. We originate stories that have an impact on the real estate industry, business, news, startup, technology and other business related topics offering readers analysis and editorial opinion. Our medium is digital but our organization respects the tenants of tradition.
How we are like traditional media:
- As an unbiased news source, we vet all information that comes to us.
- Corporate paraphanalia sent to us is fun but will not alter our news direction.
- We treat your communications with care and honor all embargoes unless you or another entity goes live with your news release or product prior to the specified embargo date and time.
- We protect our anonymous sources and off record comments.
How we are unlike traditional media:
- Our organization is fully digital, we have a news staff and an editorial group and we do not censor opinion content.
- When your news is sent to us, we may choose to run it as news or from the editorial angle, depending on the nature of the release.
- We are available 24 hours.
- Email interviews are preferred but we will perform telephone interviews if that is best for your company.
- Our agenda is to enlighten and inform.
Ways to work with us:
- Put us on your advance press release email list. With the release, it is helpful for us to know who on executive staff is immediately available for comment.
- Give us advance notice of press conference calls- we do not participate in blogger calls.
- We prefer an open line of communication and will offer our personal cell phone numbers upon request.
- Your company is more likely to be included in coverage if an exclusive quote is sent alongside any press or news release (a direct, exclusive statement for AGbeat readers only).
Ways not to work with us:
- Emailing us a link to a press release that your company has already published on their site or on a press release newswire will minimize the chances of our covering the topic. The same goes with it having already been published with another news organization.
- We ask to work directly with the Communications Director, CMO or CEO, rather than social media managers as liasons. We are seeking impartial facts, not personalities unless your purpose is only editorial.
- Paid reviews of your company or product is against our organization’s policy.
Chief Operating Officer