“Gossip is just news running ahead of itself in a red satin dress.” ~Liz Smith
We know Black Gossip is mean spirited, pygmy minded and destructive.
What about White Gossip? Want to brighten Top Of Mind Awareness, look whip smarter, spark conversation, discover opportunities and create a sweet, free flowing stream of commission checks? Then you want to weave White Gossip.
Weaving White Gossip is simple, it’s free and it starts with your cheerleader friends. Here’s how. . .
“What is told in the ear of a man is often heard 100 miles away.” ~Chinese Proverb
Cheerleader Friends are true friends. These beautiful friends root for you unconditionally, want to help you and are always happy to hear from you.
You have some of these don’t you? How many? 7, 17 or 70, no matter the number, White Gossip will enrich you and your friends.
Let me ask you 3 questions about your Cheerleader Friends and human behavior in general.
- When a fresh “For Sale” sign sprouts in their neighborhood, do they wonder what the list price is?
- When a listing in their neighborhood goes “Contract Pending”, would that event be viewed as interesting news?
- When a property in their neighborhood is “Sold” and “Closed” would they be keen on knowing what it sold for?
Let me ask you 3 questions about yourself.
- Would you like to be THE news provider for neighborhood real estate activity?
- Would providing your cheerleader friends with neighborhood real-time market news make you even more majestically savvy and supremely worthy of referrals?
- Would you enjoy a positive and comfortable reason to engage in appreciated chit-chat with a true friend who delights in referring you business?
If you answered “yes”, read on. . .
“The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” ~Oscar Wilde
About now you may be thinking, “My Cheerleader Friends may never move.” No worries, this isn’t about your friends moving, it’s about these 3 things.
3 Things That Matter:
- The 3 People Principle.
- Your friends are curious about real estate activity in their neighborhood. Providing real time real updates majestifies your professional image, brightens your Top of Mind Awareness and and creates an appreciated in-person, on-purpose conversation.
- Conversation with friends deepens your relationships, uncovers referral opportunities and leads to a free flowing stream of commission checks.
With these 3 Things in mind, all you need is a simple 3 Step Strategy.
Here’s The Super Simple 3 Step Strategy.
Step 1. Identify your Cheerleader Friends. Confirm you have their phone number, eMail and mailing address (Duh.)
Step 2. Using your MLS system, or whatever system works for you, setup an eMail auto-notification for any real estate activity on their street. Yes, all activity, i.e., new listings, price changes pending sales, closed sales, expired listings, terminated listings and price changes. Have the auto eMail notification sent directly to you. Do not forward the eMail.
Step 3. When you receive an eMail activity alert . . . pick up the phone, call, share and conversate. Before you hang up . . . ask for referral business. After you hang up, write a quick note, include 2 business cards and drop your note card in the mail.
Pretty simple, eh? If you’re already doing it, Rock ON, if not get to it and let me know how it goes.
Thanks for reading. Clink-Cheers.
New week I’m writing about the Shiny Silver Pinball Principle.
PS. It’s a fine idea to set yourself up auto-notifications for all your active listing as well. The last thing you want is your seller to call and ask you about the new listing down the street and you’d don’t have clue what they’re talking about. Besides, you want to know about price reductions, pendings, closings and expired anyway, right?