I Wish but
I don’t always have the patience to be Miss Manners. Most of the time I don’t say what I think and I’m quite polite, but occasionally it comes out – I can’t help it. With the market in a state and every body’s cousin’s brother’s uncle having gotten their license it is incumbent on all of us to take a deep breath before we say, “Hey you *&%$@^#!”
So instead of setting myself up to have to make an apology later, here’s a translation of what I’m not saying:
- You don’t have permission to speak to me that way.
Look you jerk, say that again and I’ll reach through the phone and rip off your toupee.
- Your lack of professionalism is wondrous.
Just because your sister hired you doesn’t mean you know how to sell real estate.
- Wait a minute. I need to think about what you said.
Before I choke your stupid ass.
- I’m confused. What are you saying?
Since you just passed the exam and haven’t sold anything yet, shut your pie hole.
- How rude!
Listen *&%$@^#, let me tell you something.
- Did you intend to be offensive?
Or is that just your personality?
- I need to think about what you just said.
Otherwise I’m going to blow my air horn in your ear.
And this concludes Miss Manners’ lesson for today. Happy selling.