Silly

You’re Still Funny, Buddy!

Six months ago yesterday, the star of the following video passed away and I want to celebrate his life by telling him that after 24 years of seeking (and yes, receiving) my affirmation, I want to officially tell my little brother- you were always funny and just three days before you left us, you stamped the world with your humor in this video that you, Benn and I made together.

Happy 6 months in heaven, you’re still funny, buddy! We all love ya! (and thanks for stretching out my blue tank top and wearing out my black eyeliner for this video!)

Miss you, man.

Lani is the Chief Operating Officer at The American Genius - she has co-authored a book, co-founded BASHH and Austin Digital Jobs, and is a seasoned business writer and editorialist with a penchant for the irreverent.

1. Mariana Wagner

March 24, 2008 at 2:10 pm

That video never ceases to make me laugh and cry at the same time. RIP Aaron!

2. Matthew Rathbun

March 24, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Lani,

I am very sorry to hear abou this. I wasn’t really connected six months ago and didn’t know about your loss. I should have known that you’d have your hand in something this funny.

I actually found this video on YouTube and use it in many teachnology courses. I laugh EVERYTIME I see it, as do many of our local Realtors.

Only one question…. Is that your wig? 🙂

3. Benn

March 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Hey now, all I did was sit there and laugh! Obviously, I’m guilty by association. What’s cool is him having no real estate experience, but seamlessly demonstrating how silly it all sounds when you mash it together.

4. Bill Lublin

March 24, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Lani;
    Sorry for your loss – tough to lose a sibling – mine was my big sister – but no one is ever gone who is remembered with love- or stamps the world with humor like this –

5. Steven Stearns

March 24, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Lani, Benn,

What a humorous, graceful and wonderful legacy for Buddy to leave on this planet!

Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

Steve

6. Vicki Moore

March 24, 2008 at 5:09 pm

Your humor always shines through. It must run in the family.

7. Brian Brady

March 24, 2008 at 8:37 pm

He’s probably got a whole bunch of Saints in stitches, Lani.

8. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 24, 2008 at 9:13 pm

@mizzle- i still giggle at the video; it still holds true!

@mattrathbun- the wig belongs to our little girl. I think it’s great that you use the video in classes- I hope it’s a good ice breaker 😉

@benn- so, one, you’re a liar- just because you aren’t in the outtakes, doesn’t mean you didn’t play a big role! I agree that it’s so cool that he wasn’t even connected to the real estate world but was able to write his own script after a quick dinner table discussion!

@bill- I couldn’t have said it better!

9. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 24, 2008 at 9:16 pm

@Steven- for such a young guy, he left a big footprint!

@Vicki- I’m still the funny one, though 😉

@Brian- you’re absolutely right. As you know, he was confirmed in our faith the week before he died, so I know he will understand when I ask him to intercede for us! (PS: I’m no longer an honorary Catholic, I finally was confirmed this weekend!!!)

10. ines

March 24, 2008 at 9:31 pm

There you go again making me cry! You are a strong woman and I really admire you.

11. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 24, 2008 at 10:20 pm

oh @ines, there’s no crying in baseball (or blogging)! 😉 he’s the luckiest person I know, he’s gotten to see the face of God (which was heavy on his heart) and his family is well cared for! 🙂 you’re so sweet- go hug rick 🙂

12. Jay Thompson

March 24, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Wow, six months…. give my best to Aleisha and the kids…

It blew me away when I read this six months ago on Aaron’s MySpace profile. Kid had his act *together*:

I try to live my life the best I can, I try to be nice to people, I try to help those who cross my path that need my help, I try to curb my anger, I try to emanate the fruits of the Spirit. If I can offer you any advice, it’s this: love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

13. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 25, 2008 at 8:46 am

Jay, you always know what to say. The relationship you and I have formed over the last year is a wonderful testament to the power of blogging and social networking. If friendship was the only benefit I had ever seen of social media, I would be completely satisfied. 🙂

God be with YOUR family in this time!

14. Todd Carpenter

March 25, 2008 at 2:29 pm

I’m so very proud to link to that video. It is truly great, and made me deeply miss a person who I was barely introduced to. RIP Aaron.

15. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 25, 2008 at 8:22 pm

Todd, thank you. Sincerely.

If he had stuck around, we’d written a series of humor videos together that he’d star in and he was on his way to my house to make another one when he died. He would’ve been a big star in the RE venue for his insane ability to deliver humor! Glad we got this one out in time 🙂

16. Faina Sechzer

March 26, 2008 at 6:49 pm

Lani, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I didn’t know your brother (and in fact you and I just met through blogging), but I could see how much you love him, and how funny he was. I wish I met you and him before.

17. Lani Anglin-Rosales

March 26, 2008 at 8:34 pm

Thanks Faina- you’re a sweetie 🙂

18. This is a great tribute. A great, hilarious tribute. 🙂

19. Dawn Delgado

April 22, 2008 at 10:04 am

Lani-

I’ve never understood why so many angelic people are taken from this Earth, but I do know that now he is in a better place. My mom died 2.5 years ago and I know that they are in Heaven together. I had a dream the other night about her in Heaven and I really feel like it was God telling me that she’s okay. I know that your brother is too. I’ve started writing about the struggles I’ve dealt with after her death and about self-revelations if you are ever interested in reading. It’s been helpful in dealing with the loss. I will say a prayer for you, your brother and his family tonight.

Silly

Funny video most real estate professionals can relate to

Have you ever had a buyer that was so enthusiastic about their potential home that they have a list a mile long of requirements? The front door must face east, the windows must be Pella brand, the carpet must be cut pile berber, it must be within two lots of a fire hydrant, needs to have wooden rods in the closet, not metal and of course the exterior paint must be barn red.

You already know what home they need and will love based on their actual needs and you’re going to show them that house, but in the meantime you may end up feeling a bit like the character in this video that is just so funny, we can all relate to (whether about a buyer or otherwise):

Can you relate? Maybe in a former career or if you’re one of our readers that is a designer first and foremost?

Silly

Funniest Realtor parody videos you’ll see all minute, guaranteed!

Who says the phenomenon of funny cat videos and stupid girl falling in a fountain while texting at the mall videos don’t spill over into the real estate world? We’ve highlighted three hilarious real estate videos below that are well worth the ten minutes to watch, even if you’re in the office and have to put headphones on.

Video 1: theagent.tv… the best part is at 2:29… MOVE!

Video 2: I Love You, Man… the best part is the whole clip. If you haven’t seen this horribly inappropriate movie, the lead character is a Realtor. He is awesome.

Video 3: Realtor loves his job. Or something… the best part is at 0:39. Is that the fireplace over there!?

Tell us in comments which video moment caught your eye!

Business Marketing

A pig and a poke (The MLS “Menu”)

This week I actually got hungry reading the MLS and the LA Times real estate ads. Check out these bloopers so you can see what’s currently on the menu. I must warn you, you may want to hit the sauce and trim the fat:

I’m In the Mood For Food

“This hame is well stocked.” (Thank you, Porky Pig.)

“Hear is the glolden egg!” (…Which apparently comes scrambled.)

“Counter w/ new pop and fresh” ( Fat little dough boy included.)

“This one has alla the gravy” (Said Carmella Soprano as she proudly served her baked ziti.)

“You’ll marble when you see this beauty” (Bummer. At least Lot’s wife got to be a condiment.)

“We hamdle REOs” (That’s one way to bring home the bacon.)

Ham Fingers…So The Pork Lingers

“Small pad w/ view of peer” (Why go home when you can sleep at the office?)

“This is not a TIC” (…said Jeff Goldblum’s  hands.)

“This pad in the Hollywood Hills is phat.” (So is your head, Biggie Smalls.)

“Cabinets w/ polished mental inserts” (Listing w/ punch drunk mental idiot.)

“This is a Short Shale” (Say that five times really fast.)

Is It Happy hour Yet?

“Just done finished floored” (Bottle done, finished agent on floor.)

“Cork floors in bar aria” (Methinks the cork was popped several drinks ago.)

“Stunning hammerred doors” (Offered by stumbling hammered dufus.)

“This condonimiun has all the trimmins” (Sauced agent has the tremorrrrs.)

SEX, LIES AND VIDEOTAPE – THE FINALE!

“Bask in the warm sin by the pool” (Yay – party at Charlie Sheen’s  pad!)