Hi, what are you looking for?

The American GeniusThe American Genius

Step Into The Limelight

Can BloodhoundBlog kick Inman’s ass?  I don’t know.  Maybe.  I suppose it depends on how one defines an ass kicking.  But given enough time.  Sure.  Why not?  I believe that just about anything is possible.  If I had not decided to leave BHB would I have been happy to attend Unchained?  Yes.  Do I believe there will be a lot of great content provided at Unchained?  Again, yes.  It is really alright for them to fabulously succeed.

Regardless of me leaving I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Greg Swann.  I learned a lot while I was there and I will continue to read (and learn from)  many of the fine writers there.Limelight

Some specific examples of things I just recently learned were:

1.  I was able to figure out how to make all of my posts on Craigslist and Backpage look really cool because I read this post.  I used Front Page to do all the creation and then switch over to the code and copy and paste it.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

2.  One of the most important books one could read (for anyone marketing or selling anything) was something I found out about only due to this post .  Thanks, Richard Riccelli!  Fantastic book and easy to read.  I’ve already told at least a dozen people in person.  Now I am passing it along here.  Don’t miss it.  Really.

There is good where one finds it.  Same with bad.  Throwing the baby out with the bath water makes little sense to me.

What are my plans now?  What direction do I want to go?  I want to get more focused on the dissemination of what I am truly an expert on – getting and getting rid of listings.  I am also creating my own blog – it isn’t ready for a public viewing yet.  One of the primary purposes I have for that site will be an organized page linking to each of the relevant posts regarding taking listings(text, audio and video).  This will be a major project but once done there will be an organized list, on one page, of "required reading" for anyone wanting to learn more about getting and getting rid of listings.  If you want a sneak preview (well, you can see the header I made) pop over to number1homeagent.com

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

To everyone who had such kind words for me at Bloodhound and to everyone who made me feel so welcome here at AgentGenius – thank you.

Written By

Russell has been an Associate Broker with John Hall & Associates since 1978 and ranks in the top 1% of all agents in the U.S. Most recently The Wall Street Journal recognized the Top 200 Agents in America, awarding Russell # 25 for number of units sold. Russell has been featured in many books such as, "The Billion Dollar Agent" by Steve Kantor and "The Millionaire Real Estate Agent" by Gary Keller and has often been a featured speaker for national conventions and routinely speaks at various state and local association conventions. Visit him also at nohasslelisting.com and number1homeagent.com.

1. Matthew Rathbun

May 10, 2008 at 6:17 am

Rock on! Glad you’re here and can’t wait to see what your personal blog will have to deliver. Thank you for your willingness to continue to share!

2. John Lauber

May 10, 2008 at 8:13 am

Looking forward to reading your insight both here and your personal blog once that’s up and running.

3. Jonathan Dalton

May 10, 2008 at 10:19 am

You’re overdue for your own blog, Russell … most folks would have to be fools not to have it in their feed reader when it debuts.

4. Ricardo Bueno

May 10, 2008 at 10:35 am

Welcome to the Agent Genius crew! Looking forward to reading…

5. Dru Bloomfield

May 10, 2008 at 10:36 am

I’m now subscribed to your personal blog, to get that first update….and now if you are willing to share, where do you find your blog post pics?

6. Brian Brady

May 10, 2008 at 11:24 am

“Can BloodhoundBlog kick Inman’s ass? I don’t know. Maybe. I suppose it depends on how one defines an ass kicking. But given enough time. Sure. Why not? I believe that just about anything is possible.”

Different uniform but the same warrior spirit. I remain, indebted to you for your graciousness.

7. Jay Thompson

May 10, 2008 at 12:08 pm

Welcome Russ! I’m honored to be contributing in the same “blog space” with you again.

And I’ve subscribed to Number1HomeAgent!!

For those that don’t know Russell Shaw, when he says he is truly an expert on listing and selling homes, he’s not kidding. How many last year Russ? 400? FOUR HUNDRED… Is your goal still 1000 sides a year?

The man is legend. I can’t be in the car for half an hour without hearing Russ come on the radio. “I’m applying for a job.” “If you don’t like what I do, FIRE ME!”

8. Russell Shaw

May 10, 2008 at 12:22 pm

>>and now if you are willing to share, where do you find your blog post pics?

I make them. I use software called Xara Extreme. I got this particular idea from an ad I saw in Businessweek. Took me about an hour looking through Google images to find an acceptable lime photo. The light bulb was much easier to find.

If I have an inspired photo idea I create the photo grapic prior to writing the article itself, as the graphic becomes the springboard for the article.

9. Jonathan Dalton

May 10, 2008 at 2:46 pm

From eulogies to effigies in just a couple of days … that’s one heck of a feat!

10. Bill Lublin

May 10, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Russell –
    Thanks for making me feel less odd then before. I was invited to write here, and I really didn;t have a personal blog like so many of the talented folks here. After reading this post I think there may be hope for me yet!
    I’m right after Jay – I am almost looking forward to seeing what you are sharing on that site as much as I am to see your thoughts here.

11. Daniel Rothamel

May 10, 2008 at 9:28 pm

SWEET! I’m always looking for good RSS content, your blog is sure to fit the bill. 🙂

Love the header graphic, btw.

12. Barry Cox

May 10, 2008 at 10:48 pm

I really enjoyed your posts over at Bloodhound Russell. I’m looking forward to reading your contributions!

13. Charleston real estate blog

May 11, 2008 at 7:28 am

Russell, thanks for sharing.

14. Dru Bloomfield

May 11, 2008 at 7:47 am

Appreciate the writing tip and tool recommendation. Thanks, Russell.

15. Sparky

May 11, 2008 at 6:09 pm

Russell, welcome to AG. No doubt you’ll be a valued and welcomed addition to an already impressive array of authors.

Personally, I don’t think anyone has to kick anyone’s ass. Let’s all just get out there and share what we know with other RE professionals, and work together to empower consumers!

16. Shailesh Ghimire

May 12, 2008 at 11:12 am

Welcome to AG Russell.

It’s great to have you on board.

17. James Sanson

December 5, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Your online art (blogs, etc) are looking pretty youthful old guy. Keep up the snappy work.