Something I realized…
A few people have asked me what I learned at the NAR Convention this past weekend and after much thought, I realized that I went to the convention without the intention of learning.
I know, I know……pretty shallow
I program my brain to gain something from every experience and the goal of Narlando was to see my on-line friends, to have fun and to do some F2F interaction. That part was a success and was lucky that Rick decided to join me and people actually verified he is real.
But how could I walk away from The National Association of Realtors Convention without learning? That would make me brain dead, to say the least.
So here are 8 things I learned at NARLANDO:
- Twitter people – or Tweople are REAL!!! we met a few that introduced themselves with their Twitter name (Thank God or I wouldn’t have known who they were)
- It would be sooo easy to kidnap Social Media Gurus
- A couple of few pitchers of Mojitos can make white guys dance!
- Social Media applications can make people really anti-social
- Hilary Marsh, bka @hilarymarsh, from Realtor.org is a real, live human being (with a great sense of humor, I may add)
- put some creative real estate blogging minds together and they can plot some crazy ideas – like making @MrMiamism twitter….on Wednesdays!
- If you plug your vendor friends during a panel, like Real Estate Shows or Applied Real Estate Technology or even Altos Research ……you may get preferential treatment like an invitation to the Altos after after after party or a special Merengue dance.
- If you bug Teresa Boardman enough she may come back at you with a