The Android Market now has over 200,000 apps, 4.5 billion downloads and supports over 300 Android devices. It is also well known that the Android Market offers more free apps than the Apple iTunes store, but how do you find apps that you really want?
Besides AGBeat where we bring you the freshest Android apps for your business, there are five new features in the Android Market that help you to spot trends which could help in your decision making when app hunting.
The five new Android Market features:
- New top app charts are now based on your country rather than giving you global results and breaks it down into top new free, paid and grossing lists.
- Top Developers lists showcase the developers with the most popular and highest rated apps. They’re starting the list with a special icon with only 150 developers awarded.
- Editors’ Choice are apps chosen by the Android Market staff for all categories.
- Trending apps could be one of the most useful means of finding out what is seeing the most daily installs and what’s hot.
- Better related apps appear on the left side of the app page which now shows two groups of related apps broken down into apps frequently browsed by people who viewed this app and apps people installed alongside the currently viewed app. Think of it as when you’re on Amazon and it shows what else people who have bought the viewed product purchased.