Great Things Come in Pairs…
Today marks a great day in AG history- we are being invaded by Canadians! Although it is a myth that they are legally required to say “aboot” and it is also untrue that their heads detach at their mouths. There are two bloggers that you’ve been dying to read on AG, so let’s learn what IS true about them:
Norm Fisher of Royal Le Page in Sasketoon, SK was one of the first writers we invited to come on board at AG back when it was just a wee baby. At the time, Norm was busy conquering the world but now that Saskatoon is all his, he’s ready to take the AG bull by the horns!
My first impression of Norm was that he must be the most hilarious man alive (other than Benn of course) because of his headshot campaign. Here are some true things about Norm:
- Norm has been Licensed as a real estate agent since 1993 and has been the sales manager for Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate since 2000 and Associate Broker since 2006.
- He was the Director of the Saskatoon Real Estate Board from 1998-2002 and 2005 and President of the Saskatoon Real Estate Board in 2001.
- Norm has served on the Professional Standards Committee and the Government Affairs Committee of the Saskatoon Real Estate Board as well as the Technology Committee of the Saskatchewan Real Estate Association and the Agency Advisory Committee for the Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission.
- He was the FIRST Saskatoon real estate agent to promote homes online.
Larry Yatkowsky of Vancouver’s Yatter Matters blog has long been an active commentator at Agent Genius and has always been a part of the conversation, making it natural for his transition to writer. A little known fact about Larry is that he too has an English degree- the perfect weapon for any blogger! Here are true things about Larry:
- Larry has been practicing Real Estate for 26 years and 6 months. He’s no newbie and his experience far outshines most blogging practitioners.
- During his professional life as a Realtor, he worked at Viper Software where he marketed and developed MLS software based in America and Canada. His understanding of technology, especially MLS technologies is astounding.
- Larry is a true social media marketer- just *try* getting on Twitter without Larry noticing. He has long shown the way for agents to adapt to new forms of media.
Give Larry and Norm a round of applause in the comments (with as few South Park references as possible, despite my bad example). We are very proud to have both of these amazing guys and look forward to their invasion!