Being on the up and coming side of technology is the place to be. I’m convinced! Applying the latest and greatest tools reviewed here at Agent Genius helps to keep the business advanced in the tech department and that’s the side I want to be on.
Automation ROCKS! Keeping in touch with clients is made easier with an automatic process in use. Different venues offer great alternatives: direct mail services – automatic postcards, cards, or letters mailed to your client list; drip email campaigns – email your list newsletters, stats, etc; auto-responders – answer email for you; and handwritten card services – send handwritten cards (I think they resonate fake, jussayin’).
You are Forgettable
You can not replace personal touch with any automated service. Making sure you have at least three personal touches in a year is ideal. As with anything else, balance and variety is essential. Did you know that one of the biggest reasons sellers do not use the agent they used to purchase the house is that they couldn’t recall the agent’s name? Don’t be that agent.
Here are some quick ideas for personal touch: (I’d love to hear yours)
- In between appointments pick up your phone with your handy dandy imported contact list, “I just showed a house with a see through-fireplace just like yours! Have you used it yet?”
- A “Happy Birthday” wish by phone says more than a comment on Facebook. If you’re really brave you could even sing it! I bet that would be remembered and maybe even talked about later.
- Take an hour out of your vacation time and send postcards to 50 of your favorite clients.
- Do you remember that your Buyer always had a cup of Starbucks coffee with them? Send them a $5 gift card, just because.
- New Baby? Anniversary? House Anniversary? Make a personalized Real Estate Show to help celebrate.
- Are you showing your listing? Bring a bunch of flowers and add it to the table with a note.
Don’t neglect the Personal Touch
There are endless possibilities to keep in touch to enhance automated touches. Just remember, that with all the technology available, don’t forget about the personal one.