New web app helps even the least tech savvy
If you know how to open a web browser, are aware of your phone number and are tech savvy enough to text, this new app is for you. AskMeEvery.com is a self professed “simple, effortless collection of personal data” and is one of the easiest productivity apps on the market because you don’t have to download anything or remember to enter any data, it prompts you via text to ask you any question you desire then tracks it.
By simply entering the question you want the web based application to text you every day (for example, “How many hours did I work today?”) and telling it your phone number, it will begin texting you every day asking you that question, and your answers are tracked on AskMeEvery.com and charted in an easy to read graph. Logging into the site with your phone number, only you can see your private charted data.
While the dieting world will likely flock to this device, we see some more important business implications in items that professionals should measure but often forget to or simply can’t find the time to do so. Getting peer pressured by your phone to answer a text is a brilliant way to force yourself into tracking business behaviors, not just personal behaviors (like calories, blocks walked, etc.).
20 ideas for questions to use:
As a professional, there are tedious tasks that are often overlooked because they are boring or difficult, but must be done to keep the business pipeline open. Or, sometimes, it is hard to remember that you should remember to track your behaviors.
Consider having AskMeEvery.com text you any of these questions to track how well you perform, or any variation that helps you stay on track with your business goals:
- How many new clients did I get today?
- How many referrals did I get today?
- How many closed deals did I get today?
- How many items did I complete from my to do list today?
- How many emails did I answer today?
- How many emails did I fail to respond to?
- How many cold calls did I make today?
- How many business cards did I hand out today?
- What time did I arrive at work?
- How many news stories did I read today?
- How many pages of a physical book did I read today?
- How many tweets did I tweet today?
- Did I update my Facebook fan page today?
- How many unreturned phone messages do I have today?
- How many new ideas did I have today?
- How many forum questions did I answer today?
- How much did my website traffic grow today?
- How many new LinkedIn connections did I make today?
- How many times did I say YES today?
- How many times did I say NO today?