Wicked Applications for Your Treo
Dear iPhone users, you’re so awesome and we should all be doing your laundry and walking your dog. Not. Us Treo users have a bajillion cool apps that exempt us from doing your chores- not only can we open MLS lockboxes (infra red FTW!!!), we can write handwrite notes to ourselves and set them to pop up at our desired times, watch full-length movies and create our own mp3 ringtones. So without further ado, I present to you the Top 12 Treo Tricks:
- Diddle Bug– It’s like a post-it note in that it allows you to scribble information onto your Treo in your own handwriting and set alarms for each note from a pop-up list.
- Tryda– This is the most Treo-friendly 411 with mapping… it’s extremely fast despite being web-based and it can supposedly find any listing anywhere. It even has a reverse lookup so you can identify that familiar number that keeps calling, breathing and hanging up!
- eWallet– apparently this one isn’t free but it’s reasonably priced for a tool that can safely store your credit cards, passwords, PINs, calling cards, accounts, usernames and more. Your info is encrypted for complete safety, and you can sync to your desktop for extra ease-of-use and backup.
- Key Hack– designed to make single-handed use easier by enabling shift and arrows to go in and out of caps (requires a freeware hack manager).
- TCPMP Core– plays full screen movies on your Treo!!! I personally witnessed a video and was amazed!! You may need a converter for .avi files.
- Petit Launch– is a command based launcher, so use this app and set it up to launch the media player by typing in “movie.” Nice shortcut!
- Web Links– puts your fave websites into your directory (your home page alongside like your calculator and world clock).
- Change Me– allows you to rename bookmarks/applications because let’s face it- you won’t remember what random title company apps or “TCPMP” are (see, you already forgot) so you can just rename it to “media player.”
- Mini Tones– this app is super awesome- select a MP3 file on your phone and add it to your ringtone list in Sounds. It also features a file splitter so you can use a section of a song instead of the whole song, sweeeet!
- Ventones– so you can get a ringtone online for free (or create your own) and it is texted to your (or your kid’s) phone and downloaded when you click on the link in the text. Easy peasy!
- Unit Converter– need to quickly convert a measurement, currency amount or crazy recipes? This application does just that.
- Filez– when you use your Treo as your mini-laptop, you need a file manager. Filez shows detailed information about each file can be viewed and edited. In addition, files themselves can be viewed and edited directly, just like in Windows.
There are endless killer Treo apps, and more are listed here. What Treo applications are you using that’s not on the list? Share with us in the comments!