First, a funny observation. Just got my Realtor Daily email. It hailed the “new” real estate networking site, Zolve. You know, the same one Benn talked about, I dunno, in OCTOBER. I’m not saying…I’m just saying…
Anyway, the good thing about it is that it reminded me that I had planned on taking one for the team. Yes, I created a Zolve profile. I need another network to keep up with like Carpenter needs another sheep thrown at him…but none the less, here it is. (BTW – you should go over to facebook right now and throw sheep at him…he loves it and we will wait…)
I did see
some two of the usual suspects out there – Jay and Shailesh. However, the pages looked just like mine when I got finished – unexcited about creating yet another “This is me and my view on world peace” page.
Here is the skinnie.
- Evidently there has been 2,500 new profiles created last month. However, poking around, many of the profiles look like mine – bare bones to get that freaking completion bar to fill up.
- The blog posts now total 89 (correction – 350. 89 is this week’s count only – thanks, Brian)…Sorting by most active, the most comments I saw were 4. Most of the comments throughout were from Brian Wilson – you know, the guy that owns the place
Here’s why I like it and will continue to see if it works out
- Brian Wilson – The man is a Realtor and built the site while serving in the Middle East. If that doesn’t give him some street cred, I don’t know what will.
- Referrals are a big part of my business. I live near a military town. Folks are always moving in and out. Another resource to try and find good agents are always a plus.
- It was free.
- You don’t have to log on to search profiles. This makes it easy for the consumer. I hate having to create a profile and log in to search for some one to give my business to.
And there you have it – or as much as I know for now. I’ll keep you posted.
Now I am supposed to go check out this “cre8buzz” network…but not today…I have had enough “profile creating” for one day.
Update – I had a problem with the “select a market” function of the profile creation. Sent an email from the “contact page.” Brian Wilson emailed me back, from his Blackberry, in under an hour. Points given for customer service.