Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The American GeniusThe American Genius

Social Media

What are Twitter’s pre-roll ads and how can they benefit your biz?

Martketing on Twitter has gotten even better. With pre-roll ads, brands can include a quick video to entice followers. Here’s what you need to know.

twitter

twitter

Have a seat, class

Twitter has recently developed a new option for advertisers to place quick six-second ads before published videos on their platform. When Twitter users click to view a video, these “pre-roll ads” will be automatically displayed before the selected content.

bar
But the concept of placing ads before professionally produced video content on social media sites is nothing new. In fact, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter have been allowing marketers to use video pre-roll ads on their platform for quite some time. In fact these ads are thought to be quite effective, with over half of Twitter’s users reporting the purchase of brands they see marketed online.

Twitter’s new Amplify program seeks to streamline and improve the process by which ads are added to video content. In doing so, Twitter aims to increase engagement from brands and raise revenues across the board.

What exactly makes Twitter’s latest Video Amplify program so promising?

Marketers don’t need a relationship with video content publishers

In the past, if marketers sought to place ads on professional video content, they first needed to connect with the publisher directly. After these initial dealings, marketers would then approach Twitter to promote their content through Amplify in the form of a pre-roll ad.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Although this traditional method can still be used, the latest version of Twitter’s Amplify program significantly streamlines the ad process. Producers and advertisers can both upload their content to Twitter, and ads will be automatically placed before a wide array of published video content.

Ads can automatically target specific audiences

Twitter can now use Amplify’s automated marketplace to strategically target audiences by pairing ads with relevant video content. If an advertiser prefers to show their ad to a specific age, gender, or demographic, their ads can be inserted into the videos that, based on Twitter’s data, are most viewed by that particular group.

Content producers make more money, more easily.

To begin acquiring monetary gains, content producers need only upload and publish their videos to Twitter’s video dashboard. By checking a box during the publishing process, producers can opt to immediately begin collecting revenue from any ads electronically assigned to their content.

The revenue split between Twitter and content producers is also very favorable when compared to other social media sites like YouTube and Facebook. While these platforms currently keep 45% of ad revenue, Twitter will take 30 %, and the remaining 70% will go to content producers.

#Twitter

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Written By

Hannah is currently a writer and student in Colorado Springs, pursuing her master's degree in Creative Writing at the University of Denver. Before becoming a Staff Writer for the American Genius, Hannah wrote website content and grant applications for a law office in central Minnesota.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

AdBlocker Message

Our website is kept FREE to you by displaying online ads to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker OR subscribing to our email newsletter: https://theamericangenius.com/get-american-genius-newsletter/

The
American Genius
news neatly in your inbox

Subscribe to our mailing list for news sent straight to your email inbox.

Advertisement

KEEP READING!

Tech News

(SOCIAL MEDIA) Ever wonder if your efforts are worth any dollar bills? If marketers would be interested in your cat pics? You might be...

Business Marketing

(MARKETING NEWS) In a rather sharp-tongued assessment, an industry insider examines data for over a year and concludes that buying ads on social media...

Business Marketing

(MARKETING) Nothing says first-time website builder like a barrage of pop-up ads and demands to join mailing lists. GoDaddy’s hilarious new video ad, parodies...

Social Media

(SOCIAL MEDIA) Brands are hearing the call to sign up for Snapchat, but most are already dormant (aka failed). What is so different about...

The American Genius is a strong news voice in the entrepreneur and tech world, offering meaningful, concise insight into emerging technologies, the digital economy, best practices, and a shifting business culture. We refuse to publish fluff, and our readers rely on us for inspiring action. Copyright © 2005-2022, The American Genius, LLC.