Simplifying mileage tracking
Remember when you had to pull out your mileage log and write down your mileage before and after any driving that could be a tax writeoff? Remember then having to do calculations over time and hoping that your math was right and that you were getting your taxes done properly? Those days are over. Officially.
There are many mileage tracker apps, but Automilez stands out for enabling iPhone users to simply keep their GPS on and automatically capturing and logging mileage without having to do math. Genius! With a simple click of a button, it generates detailed mileage logs, offering the mileage substantiation needed not only for taxes but for business expense reporting.
Getting into the nitty gritty
According to the developers, the app offers the following features:
- Set distance calculations by Kilometers, Miles -US Tax Rates, or Miles – Non US Tax Rates
- Integrated Odometers for all trips, through automatic prompt or while in trip
- Ability to set & over-ride trip mileage/distance both in odometer and on automatic trips
- Automatically estimates End odometer when start odometer is entered
- Automatic GPS location tracking while the app is running, no need to choose your start location or destination
- Resumes automatically after passing through areas with low or no network coverage
- Simple, clean and intuitive interface
- Selection of trip type and corresponding deduction rate (based on current IRS mileage categories: Business, Medical, Charitable, Moving)
- Selection of non-deductible category for general mileage logging
- Selection of trip purpose and ability to add in custom notes
- Dashboard with year-to-date accumulated deduction amount
- Generates trip log on trip end, with duration, map, distance traveled, and corresponding deduction amount
- Ability to view previous trip log
- Automatic Roll over Tax Rates
Additionally, on their Automilez website, a Logbook securely stores, archives, and organizes all trip logs for you, providing additional editing capabilities and reporting features.
October 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm
October 17, 2012 at 8:14 am
I’ve been looking for this for 2 years now.
October 17, 2012 at 10:55 am
@JuliaOdom @kenbrand Glad you guys like it. We’re excited to hear what you think after you give it a try!