Even if you’re one of those house agents, it’s worth your while to develop the expertise to allow you start working with investors. Here’s why:
1. Most people retire poor, or very close to it. Investing in real estate can prevent this.
2. Some investors buy multiple properties every year.
3. The better you do for an investor, the more $$ they have to invest – with you
4. Most Investors don’t have 4 months to look driving around the greater metropolis area trying to find the perfect 3 bedroom colonial. They need to work efficiently, which works well for me.
5. (Great) Investors make decision based on numbers, not emotion. This makes it easier to figure out what opportunities are right for them.
6. People can’t stop referring people who make them money. The more money you make your clients, the more referrals they give you.
7. Most people who buy residential real estate with you could probably afford to buy an investment property – You help your client base develop wealth while increasing your business. At my firm we call that a ‘win-win’
8. Investors are usually goal oriented, successful people who are fun to be around. That’s why they can afford to buy real estate.
9. If you help someone with their health, wealth or family, they’ll never forget you. This takes care of one of those.
10. Your investment clients can buy your listings that need a good rehab before anyone will move into them. Win for the seller, a Win for the investor, and a Win for you.
11.Most people retire poor, or very close to it. Investing in real estate can prevent this. Help them.
12. When you find a project you like, you now have a ready and able list of people who can capitalize on the opportunity. Instead of showing tons of properties to a buyer, you find the opportunities first, and then offer it to your buyers.
13. Investors understand the value of paying for a good Realtor’s service.
14. Most Realtors have very little knowledge about effectively helping investors, leaving lots of opportunity for those who want to learn how.
14. Investors spend time looking for people they can joint venture with – which is sort of like them going out and finding YOU more clients, except they also get in on the action. Win-win-win (sort of a pattern, eh?)
15. You can work with investors from across the world. Jonathan Dalton does business with Canadians investing in Arizona. I just did a deal for over a million with a client from Kuwait. The Internet has created a massive pool of probable clients.
16. People can’t stop referring people who make them money. The more money you make your clients, the more referrals they give you.
17. Working with real estate investors will ensure you start investing in real estate yourself (if you don’t invest already). Selling real estate can make you a living, but investing in it will make you a fortune.
Go educate yourself on how you can best serve investors. Reach out to me, or someone in your local market who specializes in helping investors. Start reading investment blogs – I particularly recommend Bawldguy’s blog, I hear he’s pretty good at this sort of thing.
Get out there, ask people if they’ve ever thought about investing in real estate. Show them how this could be the opportunity their family has been waiting for.
You’ll help your clients get rich, and you’ll grow your business at the same time.