Recently, there’s been a bit of bickering going on in the real estate blogosphere and there’s been some blanket statements made about AgentGenius contributors. It got me to thinking about why I do this (usually) once a week.
- The pay sucks, I still haven’t seen a check.
- Benn & Lani only live in the 10th Greenest City in the country as opposed to me living in the 1st, so in a way, they’re also killing me 🙂
- It’s not to try out the latest version of WordPress (2.7’s been out for 2 weeks 🙂 )
- I’m not a real estate agent, lending professional, appraiser, inspector, home stager or even working a day job in the real estate industry anymore. But I am fascinated by the inner workings of it, so I will always be involved one way or another.
- Per point one above, our recent contributor prize pack really won’t benefit me too much. I also received no letter or email from Benn saying that in order to receive said gifts, I had to write a glowing review. I’m here to talk about technology and consumers, so (time permitting), I plan on writing some honest reviews of these services, but not here since they’ve all been talked about already.
- I have received no extra speaking gigs, business or Nobel nominations as a result of writing here. I do it because the people who comment here are nice, thoughtful and grateful for the information.
- Some of the contributors live in states I could never live in and voted opposite me in the elections, but every single one of them I have met or had a single direct message on Twitter with have been genuinely nice, friendly people. And it’s been a really rough year for me, so AG has been a great support group.
- I get a ton of traffic to my site via AG. Just slightly less than 1% of it, to be exact.
- Benn and Lani have a passion for AG. Whatever their underlying motives may be, I don’t care because all that comes out is they want to have a great, high quality, informative site with excellent contributors and community members.
And here’s my number one reason for writing here:
I was asked.
I must give off a bad vibe to people since I’ve been turned down for so many jobs I’m easily qualified for, but every job I’ve had I have blown everyone away. For me, I just need to be given the chance. So I was honored and excited that Lani had noticed me and was willing to take the risk with me. Hopefully I’ve lived up to the expectations.
So for anyone who thinks AG contributors are here for fame, glory, money or free stuff from vendors, you couldn’t be more wrong.
Have a safe and happy holiday.