And the winner is…
HotPads Director of Marketing and Communications, Paul Gleger said, “We’re pretty pumped about [the app], both for its super fast functionality, use of screen size, new interface, and well… being the first app in this market!”
We echo Gleger’s enthusiasm as Android is often overlooked in lieu of Apple despite projections that Android will account for half of the smartphone market alone in 2012 with tablets sure to follow.
After offering mobile search on the iPad, iPhone and Android, HotPads said they brought the Android tablet (Honeycomb) app to market because they “believe finding a new place is inherently a ‘mobile’ adventure. Naturally, we want to make sure home shoppers have the ultimate freedom to take their personalized search on the go, no matter what mobile device they use.”
Getting a feel for the Honeycomb app:
The app looks to us like a more slick version of their desktop browser, for example, users see the map and listing side by side and an emphasis on contacting the property or agent right from the app.
HotPads says the app features include:
- Easily navigate the map while browsing property details (all on one screen).
- Use your current location or enter any another location
- Search apartments, rental houses, real estate, and hotels
- Inquire about properties right from your Android tablet device
- View detailed listings with photos
- Mark search results as favorites
- Save your searches/favorites and come back to them later
- Share a property with a friend
Do you have an Android tablet? Click here to download the HotPads app.
App may not be live until the afternoon.