The power of the audiobook
“As digital natives, the Millennial generation has largely ditched dead-tree books in favor of ultra-portable audio books,” Sanjay Singhal, CEO of Audiobooks.com opines. “With audio books, they can listen and learn on their phones and tablets during their commute, while working out or anywhere else.”
While many on our staff would assert that tangible books still have a place in the market, most people around here digest a mix of audio, video, and written word both digital and tangible. On staff, those who profess to love audiobooks say they primarily listen to books while driving or working out.
So what should today’s young entrepreneurs listen to when it’s time to hone their professional skills? Singhal has created a list of the top nine audiobooks Millennial generation entrepreneurs should add to their playlist:
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey
- How To Get What You Want, by Zig Ziglar
- One Thing You Need to Know, by Marcus Buckingham
- Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On, by Jonah Berger
- Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live, Work and Think, by Viktor Mayer-Schöberger and Kenneth Cukier
- The Lean Startup, by Eric Ries
- To Sell Is Human, by Daniel Pink
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
Audiobooks.com is available for iOS and Android, and is a great way to engage your brain during wait times or down times.
More reading and listening for entrepreneurs:
Entrepreneurs both young and old are typically in a perpetual cycle of professional development, always tweaking their formula and never ceasing to stop improving. Below are some lists of books you should definitely add to your bookshelf, or go search Audiobooks.com or your audio book company of choice for the following titles: