Hi, what are you looking for?

The American GeniusThe American Genius

But WAIT… There’s More Genius!!!

Ben Martin, Agent GeniusBenn has added a fresh new genius to the ranks!!  Ben Martin, the Virginia Association of Realtors Director of Communications and New Media is one of the only voices online that has street knowledge as well as Association knowledge. He is a young, up and coming voice in the blogiverse and you already know he fits right in with his unique perspective.

The Virginia Association of Realtors seems to be one of the most popular and progressive Associations and a trend setter for Associations all across the country.  Ben has been a huge asset in this achievement, and as images of Associations around the country have faltered, VAR is shining.

Get to know him, and be sure to welcome him in the comments .

A ten year veteran of association work, Ben oversees marketing, communications and social media initiatives as the Director of Communications & New Media at the Virginia Association of REALTORS. Known around the Internet’s social web hangouts as BKMCAE, Ben has been blogging since August 2004 and is one of the association industry’s most widely read bloggers. Named a top five association professional under the age of 35, he is a frequent public speaker for associations all around the country and has had papers published in Associations Now Magazine and the Journal of Association Leadership.

Welcome Aboard, Ben!

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Lani is the COO and News Director at The American Genius, has co-authored a book, co-founded BASHH, Austin Digital Jobs, Remote Digital Jobs, and is a seasoned business writer and editorialist with a penchant for the irreverent.

1. Jim Duncan

January 17, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Outstanding addition!!! The VAR is grateful for Ben’s presence, and he has been instrumental in moving the Association forward.

Congrats, Ben and AG!

2. Daniel Rothamel

January 17, 2008 at 5:24 pm

This is an outstanding addition. I think AG might be the first blog to include a REALTOR Association Executive.

I know I’ll be looking forward to his posts.

3. Brian Brady

January 17, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I met the man in NYC- Ben is the first association official who lives in our world.

He’ll be a wonderful addition

4. Jay Thompson

January 17, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I met Ben at Inman Connect. Sharp guy, even has a personality! AND he spells “Ben” the normal way.

He’s a great add!

5. Benn Rosales

January 17, 2008 at 6:13 pm

I am all smiles at these reviews, it was hard not to beg Ben as he made it very easy and was very willing. Even more, his CEO was very gratious in allowing Ben to be transparent and even encouraged Ben to join the fold at agentgenius.com. I am very proud to have you here Ben, I know as an insider you will elevate the conversation to a whole new level as you and your CEO have elevated VAR.

Welcome.

6. Robert D. Ashby

January 17, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Ben – Welcome to the genius family. With reviews like the ones above, you’ve got big shoes to fill and I am looking forward to seeing that.

7. Scott Rogers

January 17, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Ben — glad to hear you’ll be contributing your fantastic insights here — on the real estate industry, real estate associations, and more. Keep up the great work at VAR!

8. Ben Martin, CAE

January 17, 2008 at 8:17 pm

False advertising! Y’all are overselling me! I feel like a single-wide trailer in the MLS with “sleek aerodynamic design” and “great ventilation” in the description. 🙂

Well, I’ll do my best. Thanks for welcoming me to the RE.net. I have some outsider perspectives that might be a little unpopular and difficult for y’all to hear, but I’m bold enough to share them anyway. However, if you see me walking around with pepper spray at the next gathering of REALTOR-bloggers, you’ll know why. 🙂

9. Robert D. Ashby

January 17, 2008 at 8:47 pm

Bring it on!

10. Candy Lynn

January 17, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Ben: new photo must be from your recent vacation! Congrats on AG! I knew when I met you at IMAG meeting you where going to make a difference!
    c.

11. Jeremy Hart

January 18, 2008 at 9:48 am

This is an outstanding addition – VAR made a clear and conscious decision to be a leader among Associations when it brought Ben on, and he’s certainly not disappointed.

Glad to see him on board!

12. Andy Kaufman

January 18, 2008 at 11:05 am

Right freakin on!

Welcome Ben. I guess he’ll be the Ben w/ 1 N.

13. Gord Lau

January 18, 2008 at 11:25 am

Looking forward to reading Ben’s posts. Can anybody point me to “other” association staff that are blogging?

14. ines

January 20, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Welcome! Welcome! So answer this, who is THE Ben?Benn?

As for “I have some outsider perspectives that might be a little unpopular and difficult for y’all to hear”…..that’s exactly what I like to hear – bring it on!