Vicki Moore’s New Year’s Resolution Post has inspired me to share with you MY New Year’s Resolution Laundry List … in no particular order:
2. Piss off more of the right people.
4. Become a bona fide blog coach for my company (not-mentioning-any-names).
8. Actually FOLLOW my meticulous time-blocking schedule.
1. VOTE for the next President of the United States of America. (I am just hoping that I can DECIDE who to vote for in enough time.)
7. Lose about 15 pounds without exercising or watching what I eat. I plan to THINK MYSELF THIN.
6. Meet more of my fellow bloogers (yes. I meant to say “blOOgers.) face-to-face. (First people on my list: Lani and Benn – January 2008.)
3. Buy a guitar and teach myself how to play well enough to go to open mic nights at the coffee house downtown. (When I say “well enough” I mean by my own standards. I don’t give a “fluffy bunny” about what anyone else thinks.)
10. Teach my pre-teen-soon-to-be-13-year-old son how to do the “Crank dat Soulja Boy” dance, by creating and posting an embarrassing how-to video on YouTube, and emailing all of his friends the link. (You know … I bet I could do the Electric Slide to the same song, and no one would even know the difference … But, I can’t decide which set of clothes are worse: those in Crank dat or the Electric Slide video.)
5. Create more Vlogs for real estate and related matters.
9. Take over the world. Yes. I want to take over the world.
May each of you have a very HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR filled with LAUGHTER!
Funny video most real estate professionals can relate to
Have you ever had a buyer that was so enthusiastic about their potential home that they have a list a mile long of requirements? The front door must face east, the windows must be Pella brand, the carpet must be cut pile berber, it must be within two lots of a fire hydrant, needs to have wooden rods in the closet, not metal and of course the exterior paint must be barn red.
You already know what home they need and will love based on their actual needs and you’re going to show them that house, but in the meantime you may end up feeling a bit like the character in this video that is just so funny, we can all relate to (whether about a buyer or otherwise):
Can you relate? Maybe in a former career or if you’re one of our readers that is a designer first and foremost?
Funniest Realtor parody videos you’ll see all minute, guaranteed!
Who says the phenomenon of funny cat videos and stupid girl falling in a fountain while texting at the mall videos don’t spill over into the real estate world? We’ve highlighted three hilarious real estate videos below that are well worth the ten minutes to watch, even if you’re in the office and have to put headphones on.
Video 1: theagent.tv… the best part is at 2:29… MOVE!
Video 2: I Love You, Man… the best part is the whole clip. If you haven’t seen this horribly inappropriate movie, the lead character is a Realtor. He is awesome.
Video 3: Realtor loves his job. Or something… the best part is at 0:39. Is that the fireplace over there!?
Tell us in comments which video moment caught your eye!
A pig and a poke (The MLS “Menu”)
This week I actually got hungry reading the MLS and the LA Times real estate ads. Check out these bloopers so you can see what’s currently on the menu. I must warn you, you may want to hit the sauce and trim the fat:
I’m In the Mood For Food
“This hame is well stocked.” (Thank you, Porky Pig.)
“Hear is the glolden egg!” (…Which apparently comes scrambled.)
“Counter w/ new pop and fresh” ( Fat little dough boy included.)
“This one has alla the gravy” (Said Carmella Soprano as she proudly served her baked ziti.)
“You’ll marble when you see this beauty” (Bummer. At least Lot’s wife got to be a condiment.)
“We hamdle REOs” (That’s one way to bring home the bacon.)
Ham Fingers…So The Pork Lingers
“Small pad w/ view of peer” (Why go home when you can sleep at the office?)
“This is not a TIC” (…said Jeff Goldblum’s hands.)
“Cabinets w/ polished mental inserts” (Listing w/ punch drunk mental idiot.)
“This is a Short Shale” (Say that five times really fast.)
Is It Happy hour Yet?
“Just done finished floored” (Bottle done, finished agent on floor.)
“Cork floors in bar aria” (Methinks the cork was popped several drinks ago.)
“Stunning hammerred doors” (Offered by stumbling hammered dufus.)
“This condonimiun has all the trimmins” (Sauced agent has the tremorrrrs.)
SEX, LIES AND VIDEOTAPE – THE FINALE!
“Bask in the warm sin by the pool” (Yay – party at Charlie Sheen’s pad!)
Business Entrepreneur6 days ago
How to effectively share negative thoughts with your business partner
Business News2 weeks ago
5 factors driving the reshoring movement in America
Business News1 week ago
The future of work from home will be a hybrid, says Google CEO
Business Entrepreneur2 weeks ago
The success of your business could be tied to your succession plan
Business Finance1 week ago
Did… the US government just agree to start funding a cryptocurrency?
Tech News2 weeks ago
Google plans to make YouTube an integrated e-commerce destination
Tech News2 weeks ago
Snapchat is among the first to leverage Apple’s new powerful AR tools
Tech News1 week ago
What is “Among Us”? The meme sensation two years in the making