So … I was on Google looking for stuff.
(For those of you who do not know what Google is, it is a webpage that you can go to and type in a word or a phrase of something that you want to know more about – a “query”. When you click the search button, a new page pops up with different websites that Google thinks would best answer your query.)
I decide to type in “Greatest Real Estate Agent in Colorado Springs” and I was #1. Yay for me!
I guess that balances out the fact that I am also #1 for the search term “real estate agents suck” … right above the angry Australian Guy.
So, it got me thinking about all the random search terms that can lead to me, and other people I know… Not that anyone, but me, would actually SEARCH these terms, but here is what I found:
- “Colorado Real Estate Poop” brings you to a post I wrote on Active Rain.
- Type in “Goat Sacrificing Blog” and you get Todd Carpenter’s Blog Fiesta blog post about SEO.
- Add “chocolate” to that title or type in “real estate goat shoulder” and you get Jonathan Dalton’s recent Agent Genius post.
- Type in “electrical tape nacho” and you get Lani’s RE Revealed recent Nacho Blogger Award post and you will find Lani’s recent Agent Genius post on page one for a “Chuck Norris Real Estate Blogger” search.
- “real estate wh0re” brings you to the RSS Pieces site
- “real estate blood” and “outrageous real estate blogger” brings you to the BHB site.
- “Bad MLS” takes you to Athol Kay’s blog
- “real estate fruit” brings you to Teresa Boardman’s St. Paul Real Estate Blog.
- “Real Estate Mojito” takes you right to Ines’ Miamism Blog.
- “Zillow likes cheese” brings you to both Rain City Guide and BloodHound Blog.
- “Redfin sandwich meat” brought me to a Redfin post about sandwiches (huh?).
Another interesting thing I found on Google today:
Apparently, “copy-writers for Pagan magazine will be keeping all the real estate agents company in the seventh circle of hell.” (I found this out when I typed in “sexy real estate blogger.”)
Although there may be some hidden deep “long tail” meaning with this research I did, it really just means that I wasted and entire hour Googling nonsense.