Housing Market Negativity is permeating the media and is seeping into the minds and thoughts of the home buyer and seller, and even into the minds and business plans of the real estate agent. While I DO understand the realities of the current market shift I also see some great rays of light, amidst the current cloudy real estate forecast:
5. Home Sellers are more willing to listen to agents regarding pricing and staging, and a great real estate agent is now worth their weight in gold.
4. New home builders are actually looking at more creative ways to sell their homes. Builders are willing to negotiate more now than ever.
3. Real Estate agents are nicer to each other. No longer are agent-egos interfering with contract stability. Agents work harder to keep contracts from falling apart. (See #1)
2. Home buyers are finally given the time they need to make one of the largest decisions they will ever make.
1. My competition is dwindling. Real Estate agents are leaving the wonderful world of real estate in droves. Not only do I have the opportunity to gain a healthy market share, but the agents who ARE still in the business are actually competent and easier to work with (compared to the unqualified opportunists of the recent market).
Are you seeing the sun through the clouds?