Piss-Poor-Preparation Leads To Piss-Poor-Performance!”
Drill Sergeant Myrick’s teachings were as true then as they are now….especially true in 2010. Here’s why. Using The S.W.A.G. Method, I predict…
Real Estate Buying and Selling Will ROCKet In The 1st Half Of 2010.
Not for everyone. The prepared will plough deep and win big. The unprepared will lose.
Here’s 3 Reasons Business Will Heave Forward In 2010
- Mortgage rates will stay low through the first half of 2010, then ratchet up. This will spur buying frenzy – Read The Article
- $8,000 First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit Extended + $6,500 For Qualified Homeowners – Read The Details
- Some believe that home prices have bottomed – Read The Article
There are other reasons business will be brisk. But, I’m not Gomer Pyle, of course, opportunities may vary depending upon unseen events and regional market conditions. But, whether you’re Pollyanna, Eeyore or in between, it’s important we proceed…
Back to Piss-Poor-Preparation
Do you know someone who has lived this short story. It goes like this…
Mary loves adventure. Mary’s a real estate agent. Mary spends more time dreaming, researching and preparing for her 4th of July getaway, than she does preparing and planning for the real estate business success that makes it possible for her to fund her next vacation and many more.
The average person finds it easy to focus on fun stuff, it’s human nature. Let me ask you, “Are you average?” If you are, stop here, go take a nap. Bye.
If you’re unaverage, if you can focus on the less sexy, but urgently important, stick around, read on.
Listen, the first half of 2010 is going be a Recovery Rocket Ship. The poised and prepared (you and me), are gonna giggle, “WHEEeeee!”. The sluggards are gonna go “ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz”.
Here’s my sharp-pointed question and the purpose of my post…
Are You PREPARED To Say What You Need To Say, When You Need To Say It?
Because you’re cool, beautiful and attractive, during the Holiday Season, your invitations to mix, mingle and chit-chat will be rich with opportunity. People are naturally curious about real estate. People like to talk about the real estate market. People are going to ask you questions.
Are you PREPARED to answer their questions in a confident, persuasive and attractive way?
Your 2010 Recovery Rocket is fueled by these conversations. Specifically, the more prepared and perfect your conversation, the higher your Rocket will fly. Bottom line, to fly high, you must know what you’re going to say BEFORE you say it. You must be prepared. I understand “script-aversion”. Nobody likes their ears stuffed with canned-cornpone. I get it.
Behold the Underlying Truth, we both know that the highest paid speakers, communicators and presenters, know exactly what they’re going to say before they say it.
What I mean is…
How PREPARED Are You To Perfectly Answer These 9 Common Questions?
By “Perfectly Answer”, I mean, is your answer conversational, confident, persuasive, educational, relaxed and attractive?
We know the difference between Professionally-Polished…
..when we see it, and so will they.
To avoid Piss-Poor-Performance, here’s…
9 Questions I’d Prepare For:
- How’s the market?
- Is now the time to buy?
- Have home prices bottomed?
- Will mortgage rates rise?
- What are mortgage rates at?
- How’s that Tax Credit deal work?
- What commission do you charge?
- Should I sell now?
- How hard is it to qualify?
Here’s An 8 Point Preparation Plan:
- Think about these questions.
- Think hard.
- Craft an answer or two or three that you can be proud of.
- Write it out, Stephen King said THIS in his book titled, On Writing.
- Record your answers. Listen, watch, re-craft and re-record to perfection [confident, persuasive, educational, conversational, relaxed and attractive].
- Go meet people (IRL), party, connect, conversate and engage.
- Wait for it. Here it comes. The question you’ve prepared for.
- Punch the blast-off button, smile, shine and prepare to ride the 2010 Rocket ship to recovery.
Thinking This Is Too Much Trouble?
There are two reasons why 22.7% of people do 77.3% of the business. Because 73.3% of the people are lazy or clueless. The good news is, you’re not. Yea!
The Final Step
Like I am with you, share this with a friend and let’s all Get Crack’n, 2010 is pulling into the driveway.
Thanks for reading and all the best this Holiday Season. Clink-Cheers!