What is 20Blinks?
Visual bookmarking has taken the internet by storm and there are a variety of ways to share your favorite web finds visually, with Pinterest among the fastest growing options. In a gutsy move, 20Blinks.com has proclaimed that they are “more high end” than Pinterest, although at first glance it is a Pinterest clone.
When asked what separates the two, 20Blinks was not shy to make the following comparisons (in their own words):
- 20blinks: Collections – Views with multi format objects/items anything you find on the web, products, videos from Youtube, Vimeo, Images from Facebook, Movies from imdb.org, even Soundcloud.com Tracks!
- Pinterest: Pinboards with basically one format: images. Special category with Youtube videos.
- 20blinks: automatic login for anyone with Facebook or Twitter account
- Pinterest: login by invitation only
- 20blinks: 16-36. young trendy male and female. edgy, artistic, academic, sneakers, contemporary, watches, expressive.
- Pinterest: 25-44. female. very female. home, cooking, wedding, valentine, mini cakes, high heels, dresses
- 20blinks: Nike, Converse, H&M, Adidas, Diesel, iMac, MacBook Pro, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Ford Explorer, Volkswagen Blue Motion range, Audi, Starbucks, MTV, ESPN, Coca Cola Classic, Red Bull, Heineken, Mountainbike, Snowboarding, (Kite-)Surfing
- Pinterest: Elegance, Elle, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Gucci, La Perla, Sony Vaio, iPad, Ford Edge, Toyota Prius, Mercedes, Bagels and Beans, CNN, Sprite Light, Diet Coke, Corona Light, Citybike, Skiing, Sailing
- 20blinks Views (user collections) examples: Like that style – Urban Exploring – Must Watch: Classic Movies – Been there – Outdoor Watches- Epic Shit- Must Read Books- Hot Gadgets- Cool Live Photography- Fashion week
- Pinterest Pinboards: For the Home – Pools – Classroom crafts – Wedding Ideas – Recipes – Hair and Beaty – Gardening – Kids – Pets
- 20blinks: Best kept secret from Amsterdam Europe, alpha launch June 2011 at TechCrunch NY, beta december 2011
- Pinterest: Just started to get the recognition they deserve, “the latest social media darling”, launch early 2011
Seeing some of the differences outlined in detail, what do you think of 20Blinks?