Twistory for calendars
Twistory is compliant with GCal, iCal, Outlook, Thunderbird and possibly more. After you’ve told Twistory which Twitter account you want to document, each tweet is then an independent, timestamped calendar event.
Why on earth would you need this?
I track a variety of Twitter accounts on Twistory and am frustrated that I’m limited to public accounts (meaning I can’t track my own tweets). Here are some uses I can think of for Twistory off the top of my head:
- If you have an assistant (or any third party) tweeting for you or about you, you should track that on Twistory.
- If there is someone on Twitter who habitually is abusive toward you or your brand, you could use Twistory to keep a record of their abuses (which we do).
- Similarly, if someone in your company habitually deletes tweets from the public record, Twistory will keep a record of them for your reference.
- If you are accountability-conscious, you should track your own tweets simply for record keeping purposes.
- If you are forgetful and need to reference things you’ve tweeted and need to search them, this is perfect since you can search the text of most calendars.
- If you’re a team leader, you should track what all of your team members and admins are saying on Twitter, even if you never refer to it.
- If there is a useful media outlet on Twitter that you’ll want to search later or simply have a timeline for, this is an easy way to track.
What other ways can you think of that tracking a Twitter account would be helpful?
Bonus: how to hide Twistory in Google Calendar
If you don’t want to junk up your calendar, you can actually hide all of the Twitter accounts you’re tracking and they’ll still be tracked in the background. I highly recommend this- I hide Twistory so I can still use my calendar as well, a calendar.
To temporarily hide multiple calendars:
- Click Settings at the bottom of the calendar list to the left.
- Select the Calendars tab.
- De-select the appropriate checkboxes under the Show in list column. Only calendars that are selected in the Show in list column will be displayed in the calendar list to the left of the event grid.