For those readers who don’t know, I am no longer a Realtor. In November of 2007 I left being a Realtor and went on staff at my local Association, working as the Education Director. I still routinely receive those annoying “Just Listed” and “Please sell my listing” e-mails in my personal e-mail box. I hated them when I was practicing and I hate them more now. Mainly because I HAVE MLS ACCESS! If I have a client that is interested in a certain property, please spend time ensuring that your MLS entry stands out….not sending me more junk mail. I won’t even bore you with my rhetoric about how poorly educated the Realtor community is on CAN SPAM…
The Latest Gift
Two days ago I received an e-mail on my personal account from an agent in a neighboring MLS. An MLS system and local board that I have never been a member of. The e-mail was very simple. It said, “Here is my new listing, please click the link below and let me know if you have any questions.” The price was moderate to high for that area. The listing had been in MLS for several days. I have no idea what possessed me to click on the link, but I did and here are my questions –
1. Why are there NO pictures on this listing. Not one single picture of a “waterfront” property?!?!
2. Why did you send me the Agent side listing with the combination to the lockbox, when I am not a member of your board and I haven’t been practicing for six months?
3. Why does your description simply say “Waterfront, Canoe launch and ready to sell?”
a. If it’s listed, doesn’t that already lead me to believe the it’s ready to sell?
b. Canoe launch? Isn’t kind of something that you can carry on your shoulder and just throw in the water?
c. If that’s the most you can say about the listing, than why would I possible want to go see it?
4. Does your seller know that over 87% of listings sell from MLS and that over 60% of consumers will not even look at a listing that doesn’t have AT LEAST six photos?
5. Why is the directions entry blank
6. Why are there no measurements?
7. Why do I have to call the School Board to find the schools that service the area? Do you not know enough about this area?
8. Does your seller know how tremendously under-qualified you evidentially are, to list their home?
What more is there to say?