How to contact Google directly
If you have a computer/device and the internet, you’re most likely using a Google product right this very second, and there is a chance you’ve had a challenge at some point that you wished you could talk to someone at Google about. Whether you’re a phone person or an email person, there are ways to actually get in touch with the perfect person to get your questions answered, and while most of these are not a secret at all, it isn’t overly evident on most of Google’s pages and takes digging. No longer.
Google is infamous for ignoring contact forms and for messages going into a giant black hole, but you can get around that.
Step one: general contact
The first place to start is Google.com/contact where you can search by Google product. You might just find exactly what you need right off the bat, but if you don’t, you can always try Support.Google.com which can help you direct to general answers about Google products.
Also in your first round of trying to contact Google, try the Product Forums which Google employees are known to monitor and respond. Many people have great success in finding answers just by searching, but when you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always ask questions about any of these Google products: AdSense, Blogger, Chrome, Gmail, Google Affiliate Network, Google Analytics, Google Books, Google Apps, Google Calendar, Google Chat, Google Checkout Merchant, Google Commerce, Google Custom Search, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Earth, Google Fusion Tables, Google Maps, Google News, Google Voice, Google Wallet, Google+ Hangouts, Orkut, Picasa, YouTube, and more.
Step two: get on the phone
The general contact page and the forums didn’t yield results. So you want to get on the phone. Calling 1-650-253-0000 for general inquiries from technical support to customer service. But this is general and you have to go through an automated system to system (hint: press 5 for customer service). If you already know who you want to talk to, dial that person’s extension by pressing 8 to dial by name.
Google has offices around the world, each having a different function, and if you know which local office you need to reach, there is a full list available of phone numbers and addresses for the local Google offices.
Step three: get real, you want specifics
There is a huge chance that step one and step two will leave some people still in the dark or maybe you need an answer sooner than later, so here are the other ways you can contact Google at the exact level you’re looking for.
Get help with Gmail:
- Gmail Community Forums is a good place to start – connect with other users
- Report problems with a Gmail message and find other support for email problems.
- Report Gmail abuse when someone else is violating the Terms of Service.
- Address a compromised Gmail account if someone has hacked your account – this is a great place to start (after changing your password immediately, of course).
- If you have an idea of what you want added to Gmail, hit up the Feature Suggestions Page.
How to contact Google when you need Chrome help:
- Check out the Google Chrome Community Forums to report problems, connect with other users (and possibly Google employees or experts), learn tricks, and offer feedback.
- Report Chrome installation problems to either accomplish an installation or help developers learn so future releases address your issues.
- Chrome Device Support is technical support online for fast help.
Google+ can be tricky, here’s how to get help:
- Report problems and submit feedback for various features of Google+.
- Dig through FAQs and be sure to rate the helpfulness of answers at the bottom of the page.
- You can report a lot of information to Google+ from an inappropriate profile to inappropriate content and abuses during Hangouts On Air.
- Google also makes it easy to report a video or photo for abuse or general abuse in Public Hangouts or abuse of terms of service on Events.
- The Google+ Community Forums offers troubleshooting and feedback options for all Google+ related features.
How to contact Google about Google Analytics:
- You can get technical support for Google Analytics to address problems or questions.
- The fastest way to get help, however, is probably the Google Analytics Community Forums where other users (and possibly Google employees) are discussing not only technical issues but how to better use the product or answer simple questions for beginners as well as experts.
Google+ Local: getting support for your business listing:
- The Listing Verification Problems – Once you go through the step-by-step troubleshooting, you will be given a short form to fill out to contact Google.
- If your , this is the step by step method for fixing it, ending with a direct contact form if that doesn’t work.
- You can get help getting your map fixed if it is incorrect or not working.
- If you still haven’t gotten your question answered, hit up the Google and Your Business Community Forums.
Contact Google about AdWords:
- Since money is involved, you can actually get someone on the phone – call 1-866-2GOOGLE.
- Check out the various contact options ranging from email to live chat.
- As with other issues, you can get your questions answered in the Google AdWords Community.
Get help with Google Webmaster Tools:
Contact Google for YouTube problems:
- Tell Google if you have trouble watching a video or are having playback issues.
- If you want to get content removed for harassment, cyberbullying, threats, hateful content, phishing, spam, or other reasons, contact Google to report content for removal.
- You can contact Google to file a YouTube trademark complaint or a counterfeit complaint, and you can even file a defamation claim if a video contains personal information about you without your consent (your image, address, license number, and so forth).
- Report any other legal issues directly to Google.
- Check out the YouTube Community Forums to ask questions or find answers on anything YouTube related, and connect with other users and possibly even Google/YouTube employees.
Google is a huge company and is not well known for responding to issues or questions, especially for site owners, so these direct routes might get you one step closer to connecting with the conglomerate to get the answers you’re seeking. They don’t hide this information, but it isn’t always obvious how to get in touch, so bookmark this list and visit it whenever you’re in need of contacting Google.