Hi, what are you looking for?

The American GeniusThe American Genius

5 Biggest Real Estate Myths

I love when I get good blog fodder from my Tweeps!  This Today Show video was sent to me by Russ Perlowski and is one of those that applies to all markets and is good information to provide to our real estate blog readers (no matter how local your blog is).

5 Biggest Real Estate Myths:

1. Sellers are desperate
  2. Don’t buy before prices have bottomed
  3. You can’t buy a home unless you have 20% down
  4. Now’s the absoulte worst time to sell
  5. Before you refinance, shop around.

Brief and to the point – I especially like number 1 – we are seeing a lot of buyers assuming that sellers HAVE to be desperate because their house is empty, because it’s been on the market for a while or worse yet, just because they choose to sell in today’s market.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Written By

Ines is all Miami, all the time. A Miami Beach Realtor® with Majestic properties, Ines authors Miamism.com, PrimeMiamiBeach.com, and MiamismPix.com and is always on communication's leading edge. She goes out of her way to engage and be engaged, often using Mojitos to keep the mood light and give everything she does a Miami flavor. You can find her goofing off or instigating trouble at Twitter, Flickr, Facebook or LinkedIn.

1. Ken Brand

January 26, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Any way we can magically package your post and carpet drop it for a fleet of low flying Helicopters?

Thanks.

2. Ines Hegedus-Garcia

January 26, 2009 at 8:45 pm

LOL ken! you are a hoot!

3. Lisa Sanderson

January 26, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for sharing, Ines. I’m going to post this vid on my site if you don’t mind.

4. Allison Crow Flanigin

January 26, 2009 at 9:13 pm

normally these shows crush a true perspective…
    I’ll second ken’s idea for the helicopter delivery of this message!

5. Gerry 'RealtyMan' Bourgeois

January 26, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Hey Ines,

Excellent post.

Ken, Helicopters are a good idea, but this needs an On-The-Street movement. Did you hear that Realtor Community?

6. Ines Hegedus-Garcia

January 26, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I think we should all post on our blogs and begin the helicopter efforts

7. sheilabragg

January 27, 2009 at 2:33 am

5 Biggest Real Estate Myths: Get out of your feed reader and comment on this post- we PROMISE that the ShamWow g.. https://tinyurl.com/a27war

8. Dan O'Halloran

January 27, 2009 at 10:43 am

Thanks so much for this-so true! Love Ken’s idea!

9. Dan O'Halloran

January 27, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Just read @Ines post on AG-5 biggest real estate myths – so true! check it out https://bit.ly/Fdkw

10. Great find, this is a great video to share with the public. I agree with those above, get this video in front of both buyers and sellers!

11. Sam Basel

January 28, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Excellent Video. The more we can manage expectations, the better.

My helicopter has departed the helipad and is presently dropping this message in my neighborhood. Translation: I liked it so much, I posted it on my blog, too along with a little commentary specific to my market. Thanks for the advanced permission.

12. Ines

January 28, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Sam – bunny thing is that I also asked Russ for permission and his response was “Ines, It’s in the public domain, so feel free to use it. That’s why I sent it to you” 😀

13. Ines

January 28, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I meant to say “funny” – not “bunny” – I SWEAR!

14. Joey Sweatt

January 28, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Today Show video – 5 biggest real estate myths on agentgenius.com https://bit.ly/Fdkw

15. Paula Henry

January 29, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Ines – Going on my blog too! So much good information here -Thanks!

16. Ines

January 30, 2009 at 8:26 am

Spread the word Paula!

February 1, 2009 at 11:30 am

How did I miss this ? Thanks very cool.

18. Real-TechGuy.com