For your convenience, we will begin doing a weekly roundup of all the articles from the prior week in case you missed something great! Below is a list of each article and by clicking here, you can download a free printable PDF of the last week’s article, complete with live links so you can click over and leave a comment! It’s like a newspaper that you’ll actually want to read from start to finish!
To get the Weekly Roundup PDF in your email inbox, sign up by submitting your email address to the “Get The Weekly G” on the right (in the sidebar under comments & most popular articles). It’s easy!
AGENT GENIUS NEWS:
- National Trainer Joins the Genius– most of you have probably seen her speak sometime in the last decade, please welcome Amy Chorew, national speaker and trainer to AG!
- MLBroadcast- Are You Broadcasting?– are you leveraging the power of video and podcastin in your marketing? It’s inexpensive and easy to do, check it out!
- Could Private Money Fix Wall Street?– before the passage of the rescue/bailout bill, Benn asked a crucial question about the role of private money in the market crash. Brilliant.
- What Turns Your Dial?– find out if Russell Shaw thinks we’re going to survive this market. He’s seen it before but is he hopeful for this next cycle?
- Why Lenders Piss Me off– Jay Thompson notes that despite a “credit crunch” that many lenders still don’t have any giddyup and closings are dying because of inaction NOT because of Wall Street.
- Complexity & Simplicity– “Anyone who had the well being of his fellows in mind wouldn’t work to make a simple subject incomprehensible to everyone else. The current mess didn’t just happen. It wasn’t an ‘accident’.” Do you agree?
- Stigliano Jones & the Template of Doom– The Stigliano Chronicles kicks off with the first adventure- debating template sites, wordpress themes and what a new agent/new blogger should do- help!
- When in Doubt, Make it More Difficult to Participate– Jonathan Dalton notes a problem with the Trulia news feeds and has unsubscribed- should you or should you jump in?
- Where Are They? Go Find Them!– Kim Woods’ first article addresses how to find your next client- is it in the store, at a car show or at the PTA? Read to find out!
- Do You Have a Strategic Network?– Mark Eckenrode builds on Kim Woods’ article by diving into specifics of building your name and reputation.
- Top 10 Ways to use Blogging in Real Estate #8– get some tools of the trade and learn why staying ahead of the game is advantageous.
- Zillow Professionals Directory Launch– Zillow launched a free directory this week, should you add your name to the list? Join the conversation!
MARKETING & BUSINESS:
- Sensuality in Real Estate– sex sells really well, but does it also put you in a dangerous situation? You may have missed some interesting comments on this one, go peek.
- Confidentially Speaking– it’s amazing how many agents have loose lips and don’t even *realize* that they’re violating the Code of Ethics. Are you practicing properly?
- R.E.O. Ain’t the Name of Some 70s Band?!?!– although Speedwagon does rock, we’re talkin’ real estate REO today, Rocky defines common terms for you (sweet!).
- Increase Your Persuasive Pulling Power– do you have pulling power? Dive into the 5 Cs in depth and get the lowdown on how to make your marketing persuasive.
- Language: How Do You Use It?– what’s the difference between a client and a customer and is this all just semantics? Weigh in now!
- It Should be a Hard Career!– with major changes in the real estate landscape, the writing’s on the wall- is it YOUR business or is it your client’s?
- URL Shortener With Built-in Metrics– Don’t just shorten a URL for Twitter or your site, know how many people and from where they are clicking on links you publish! HOT TOOL!
- Pay-Per-Click Isn’t a Dirty Phrase, It’s a Tool– Google Adwords is a highly underused tool in Real Estate- some say it’s evil, others say it’s big money- go find out the truth!
- Animoto- Rock Star Un-Slideshows– get a guaranteed unique music video for your photos and impress the coolest of clients and friends and check out what other agents have put together.
- The Cloud– cloud computing sounds scary but it’s not, it’s the inevitable future. Do you know what it is? If so, how are you in the cloud?
- I’m a HTML Purist, Are You?– do you know how your dirty HTML may be damaging you? Do you have any idea how easy it is to fix? C’mon, be a purist, it’s not elite, it’s awesome!
- PDF Slicer & Dicer– we deal with duplicates, out of order, long contracts in PDF form all day- learn about a FREE tool to make it all manageable.
- SlideRocket Better Than Slideshare?– do you need polish on your online presentations? SlideRocket is now out of private beta, take it for a spin and see a sample.
- Picnik Photo Editor Adds New Features Today– when editing photos, some cool new features are available now: puzzle effect (turns your shot into a puzzle) or panography, look!
- HouseFront Mobile Info Tool– have you ever driven by a FSBO and thought “I should write that address down” or “I wonder how many bedrooms that has” and forgotten by the time you get to the office? Then try this out.
- YouTube Video Splicing– don’t force someone to watch an entire video just for that 10 second bit you want to share, go find out how in 3 seconds you can splice video!
- Choosing Colors That Support You– Feng Shui expert Nickie Rothwell shows you how the colors of your environment impact you psychologically, tell us in comments what color YOUR environment is!
- Staying Positive in a Negative World– what great timing for tips on keeping life positive. Your health, family and business will thank you.
It’s a lot, we know- with one click, you can print it all up now so you can read it while on the subway or sitting in an open house!