I know. I understand, the depth, breadth and pain, depends on your local market place. Wherever you are, It’s been a damn long slough.
Do you think we’re on the road to recovery? I wish we were. I hope we are. I fear we are not, and I need a Plan B.
5 reasons “Plan B” goes into effect tomorrow.
- The unfelt effect of shadow inventory is coming.
- Then, there’s all those people who haven’t been making their mortgage payments. Instead, they’ve been living rent free and spending their money on other things, which is temporarily boosting the economy. I’m not making a judgement about that, I’m wondering what happens when the banks catch up and all these people have to start paying rent? What effect will that have on the economy, consumer confidence, consumer spending, etc.
- While mortgage rates remain low, qualifying fire-hoops for people and properties to jump through remain hot and high. I don’t see these turning favorable anytime soon do you?
- The Tax Credit pushed future qualified buyers into the present, now the pool of future qualified buyers is half empty.
- Sales Units/Volume are not rising in tandem with historical summer selling patterns.
The pie is smaller and it’s not growing this year. Period.
What’s your Plan B.
My Plan B
I remind myself, the only things we can control are our actions and attitudes. We can’t control the actions and attitudes of others. At our team meeting tomorrow, here’s what I’m sharing.
- Evaluate our marketing/business expense. Stop spending superstitiously. If marketing and promotional campaigns aren’t generating verifiable referrals, prospects or suspects, stop it now.
- Evaluate personal spending and consciously categorize everything: I Want. ~vs~ I Need. Nice To Have. ~vs~ Mission Critical. Investment. ~vs~ Expense.
- Keep our heads up, our minds open,our attitudes confident and our work-ethic strong-like-bull. Remember, whining, fear, anxiety, anger and negativity repel opportunity. In troubled times, leadership, confidence, humor and showing up, attracts opportunity.
- Refocus on high leverage activities. Shift time and effort from chasing strangers to in-person and on-purpose contact and conversation with people who already know and trust you.
- To help stay focused, use this Checklist Daily.
Success, Grace and Speed
As you know, there are only so many things you can do to position yourself for success. If the market continues to change and we don’t, bad things happen. Anyway you slice it up, the sooner we get started, doing the right things, with the right people, the faster we’ll find success or simple survival.
Today we’re talking about it. Tomorrow, we’ll start to do Plan B things in earnest.
How about you? What’s Your “Plan B”
What do you think will happen in your local market? Do you have a Plan B. I’d love to hear what you’re thinking and especially, what you’l be doing different.
Thanks for reading. Cheers.