Photo courtesy of Nemo’s Great Uncle’s
Rocky’s Top 10 or 11ish list
Wondering why you have ZERO meaningful interaction on Twitter? Here is a humorous clue.
11. You are following 1000 people, and 2 are following you (and they are spammers thinking they are going to dupe you.)
10. The words “Follow Me” are in your profile.
9.. You are a self proclaimed “Guru” or “Expert.” (and if you’re such an expert why are you begging people to follow you?!?!?)
8. Seriously, do you really think I believe an attractive college co-ed has nothing better to do on a Friday night than Tweet with a 34 year old married father of one? If you are that lonely, get a job or buy a dog. (Besides, I am MARRIED to a HOT YOUNG WIFE!).
7. I do not Twitter to “buy a boat, windows, spa, or a gentle laxative to ease my constipation!”
6. I thought this spot was appropriate for the “6 Figure Team.” Enough said!
5. Get rid of the terms “wealthy, rich, and millionaire.”
4. Real estate agents, here is a tip… interact with some folks while tweeting, use an @yourname every so often. Two way communication goes along way.
3. Also real estate agents, you do not need to put your city in every post. Honest, we get it, you sell Akron (I lived there once, then moved back to Paradise)!
2. Again on the real estate agents, average twitter users do not care that you just listed yet another multi million dollar home. Just because you post it does not mean other owners of multi-million dollar homes, (or multi-thousand dollars homes for that fact) will hire you to meet their real estate needs. Let alone follow you on twitter. (Hint take a look at who is really following you. I will bet dollars to donuts its someone mentioned above. Trust me, I have looked at some of your followers!)
1.5 You have a block M as your avatar (Thank you @toddwaller for suggesting I do not follow these types! ;^P)
Here’s the “Take Home”
Be yourself on Twitter, a husband, father, brother, son, friend, lover of anything star wars, or the person with a longer 2nd toe.
We the twitter users are not stupid and blind, we can see through most facades. Do not jump in to Twitter and scream “Im here, follow me cause I am great and you need to buy from me because I know all.” People will avoid you like you have a leprosy. Twitter is like a party, get in, chat to a few people, get to know them build some trust, most importantly “MAKE SOME FRIENDS!” It truly is alright to talk a little about real estate. After all, it is what you do. However It is not going to kill you to say “hi, hello, I like dogs” or “yeah, I also have a 3rd nipple.”
After a month or few after taking true meaningful interest in a Twitter user, the next thing you know you will receive an open tweet like this (and pray your local competition does not see it!)
This list is in now way definitive or comprehensive, what are some other ways to build long lasting true friendships?