Finally in America
The Acer Iconia dual screen tablet was released earlier this year in Europe and has had a chance to be product tested by consumers and today has landed in America and Canada.
For $1200, it is like having two super thin 14″ tablets hinged together, one of which can act as a touch keyboard when not being used for any of the other many functions.
Why this tablet is good for business
If you want a tablet for business, Iconia could be it- instead of a mobile operating system, it runs Windows 7. The main criticism it is receiving is a minor lag in typing, but critics claim it is still easier to type on than an iPad.
Cnet editor reviews are positive and technologists are enthusiastic about the prospect of the Iconia pushing innovation forward.
For more Iconia pictures, click the images below:
Full Iconia specs:
- 2 x 14-inch displays with HD 1366×768 resolution
- high-brightness Acer CineCrystal™ LED-backlit TFT LCDs
- Acer CrystalEye webcam
- Weight: 6.18 lbs
- Intel Core i5-480M/560M/580M processor
- Intel HD integrated graphics
- 320GB of hard drive space, up to 750GB
- 4GB of DDR3 memory
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- gigabit Ethernet
- VGA/HDMI outputs
- S/PDIF interface
- 2 USB ports, one USB jack
- built-in microphone
- 10 finger multi-touch dual-screen