She’s Flying Her Purple Cow Freak Flag.
Listen. All the people you know, she knows. She knows you’re a pro, respected, savvy and well connected. She wants to seduce your people. She knows she has to delight, surprise, entertain and fly her Purple Cow Freak Flag. Next week, while your chapped lips and paper cut tongue heal and you’re waiting for your Ho-Ho-Hum Christmas Cards to land in the sea of sameness, she’ll be inviting everyone you know to two hours of star bedazzled fantasy, Technicolor surround sound, woot worthy, red carpet entertainment.
She’s 1 in 499
Here’s How Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Jennifer
Aniston and Hugh Jackman Are Helping:
She’s inviting your friends, clients, suspects and prospects to a Hollywood Holiday Blockbuster. An afternoon matinee.
Here’s a stolen copy of her Simple 10 Step Plan (Don’t tell her I told you):
1. Log on to the website for my local multi-screen mega theatre.
2. Check movie schedule. Pick movie – pick time. (Midweek, midday works best.)
3. Write fun email; include a picture of the movie poster or movie star. Send to everyone. (Here’s a peek at a “Top Secret” knock off of her invitation. You can do better.)
4. Wait 1 day. Call all. Say hello. Confirm receipt. Personally invite. Chitchat. Let conversational magic bloom. Share excitement for a “yes”, express regrets for a “no” (Either way, the “Halo Effect” shines it’s soft blessing on her relationship).
5. Follow-up all my conversations with a short, handwritten note card. Mail.
6. Meet everyone at the movies. Sport my real estate name badge. Hand out movie tickets. Greet everyone with watermelon smile and warm “your welcome” hugs, as they gush, “Thank you so much, how thoughtful. I needed a break. You’re the greatest friend and Realtor of all time.”
7. Bring digital camera. Take pictures. Go inside and enjoy the movie.
8. Say good-bye. Give everyone a warm repeat hug, well wishes and appreciative “You Rule’s”
9. Post “We’re having fun!” pictures to my Facebook account.
10. Write fun post movie follow-up email. Include pictures of grinning attendees and a link to my Facebook photo album. Tweet about it too. Send Email to all invited.
Here’s What She’s Thinking:
She never mentions real estate; her invitations are wrapped in her branded email stationary. Postage is free. Whether people can enjoy or not, all appreciate the gesture and invitation. Other agents are doing nothing or sending Holiday cards; she’s giving the gift of entertainment, spectacle and delightful experience. People will talk about her invitation, and the movie; people don’t talk about Holiday cards or invisible agents. She can touch people five times in one week; email invitation, phone call follow-up,/chit-chat, follow-up handwritten note card, at the movies thank you’s and well wishes, post movie follow-up email.
What are you going to do about it?
That’s it. Like I said, only 1 in 499 will do this. The question is, will that 1 in 499 be doing it with your soon to be seduced friends, clients, prospects and suspects or are you that unique 1 in 499 person?
For you 1 in 499’s, let me know how it goes. For the other 498, I’m sorry.
See you at the movies.
“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” ~ Pablo Neruda