Real estate investing conference
The company that changed the way real estate investors network, learn, and do business via its website, is announcing it inaugural live conference and trade show. The BiggerPockets Real Estate Investing Summit and Expo will take place at the Colorado Convention Center on March 23-24, 2012.
What makes this event unique is the insistence by its founder to be a credible conference that never focuses on get-rich-quick schemes and focuses on the highest quality of real estate investing advice from well known speakers from attorneys to investment specialists like AGBeat’s own Jeff Brown.
Bigger Pockets founder, Joshua Dorkin told AGBeat, “the challenge is breaking the mindset of back of the room sales where speakers feel compelled to sell a book or cd to the audience,” rather, the company has sought out speakers that are willing to speak openly and honestly about the realities of real estate investing rather than putting vendors on stage to pitch their products. The goal is to advance the industry, not to sell wares.
The list of topics speaks for itself
In the company’s own words below, the list of topics speaks for itself as to the DNA of the event.
Topics will NOT include:
How to get rich overnight. (Not going to happen!)
How to become a millionaire in a few short weeks. (Won’t happen!)
How to max out your credit cards and borrow your way to fortunes. (Bad idea!)
Topics to be discussed include:
- How to invest in real estate while working a full-time job
- Building Systems for your Real Estate Business
- Investing with a Purposeful Plan for Retirement
- How to Systematically Flip and Rehab Houses
- Investing in Real Estate Long Distance
- Increasing Your Profits with Green Investing
- Using the Best Financing Options Available for Your Investments
- Transitioning to Multi-Family Investments
- Finding and Analyzing Deals
For their inaugural event and expo, the company has lofty goals of the highest quality content and speakers, is hosted in an amazing city around vacation time, and looks to disrupt the industry, which we are on board with.