While we won’t deny that reading inspirational quotes can make us want to spew our Wheaties while rolling our eyes, today we are going full smarm. These quotes can seem laughable when heard on repeat.
Yet, we are also aware that having a guiding mantra to motivate can have a positive impact on staying focused on goals. I think we all could use a little motivation after this year.
Hold on to your hat as we share 12 quotes for your 20/20 visioning.
1. “What you can conceive and believe, you can achieve.” ~Napolean Hill, tweaked a tad to be inclusive.
2. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” ~Sir Richard Branson
3. “Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.”
4. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” ~Marie Forleo
5. “If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room.”
6. “Do or do not, there is no try.” ~Yoda
7. “Don’t blow out another’s candle for it won’t make yours shine brighter.” ~Jaachynma N.E. Agu
8. “Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.” ~Marianne Williamson
9. “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” ~Brian Tracy
10. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” ~Tim Notke
11. “Fall down seven times, stand up eight.” ~Zen proverb
12. “I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.” From Invictus by William Ernest Henley
Now, you should be primed and ready to rock in 2020 and make the coming decade awesome. We wish you a brilliant New Year! Go get ‘em!