Next year is going to bring a lot of changes to the real estate industry, and one of the constant conversations I’m having now is – what would your brokerage look like? Here’s my starter list –
– Awesome signage for listings – signs are part of the foundation of real estate marketing, but I haven’t seen anything like this in my market.
– Video tours, photos, floorplans for all listings – simple to promise and systematize.
– Small brokerage, possibly broker-only, perhaps some higher level education component
– Menu-style commissions – let the consumers and the Realtors negotiate rather than rely on the MLS offering – mimic upfront mortgage brokers
– Embrace transparency
– Get consumers to use our search tool – and only our search tool
– Encourage associates to participate in the Local, State and National Associations
– No print marketing. Ever. (It’s environmentally friendly and fiscally responsible)
– Stay flexible, adaptable and able to re-invent every quarter, if necessary.
– Publish economic analyses quarterly
This is a start – what would your list look like? What tools would you have in your toolbox?
“We don’t want to be first, but we sure as hell don’t want to be third.”