Cross Country Issues
It has been a very busy September and it will be a busy October on the road. In this short 60 day period state conventions converge, company sales rallies, and tech fairs take place. I thought it was the perfect time to start blogging on Agent Genius as Amy Chorew on the Road. Lani Anglin-Rosales asked me to share what I found to be the most important topics and issues that are being discussed in the classrooms and convention halls around the country.
So . . . what qualifies me? I have the distinct honor of getting to speak to real estate agents all over the country about technology strategies either as key notes or in continuing education classes.
I try to relate what today’s consumers want and then speak about tools that can deliver the ‘goods.’ Many tools that I demonstrate are free or very easy to use. It is a holistic approach – putting bits and pieces of what works into an existing business model.
What is my goal?
- Help understand the technology performance GAP between what the consumer wants and what most real estate professionals provide.
- Figure out ways to close this gap with new tools, by educating and informing.
- And . . . Just have a good time – nothing is worth doing if it is not FUN.
So what did I see in September? Well let’s start with the hot topics. The most asked for and most attended events at the various conventions I spoke at, were:
- Social networking, what works and what doesn’t
- Video – Lights, Camera, Action!
- Contact management using Outlook
- Internet Lead management at the broker level – learning to convert leads into real business
Interestingly enough when I was registering online for the NAR convention in November one of the registration screens allows you to pick free technology classes. The three that were already SOLD OUT were: Advanced Outlook – using it as a contact management, Visual presentations – learning how to use PowerPoint and Blogging 101. So I think there is a trend here.
So more details on those topics and more as I write on this fantastic site.
On the road . . . again . . . will be in California at Tech Tuesday October 14th, stop by and say hi.
October 9, 2008 at 3:57 pm
Amy – Definitely looking forward to this now that you’ve given us a sneak peak at what’s to come. Good luck with the travel, I know what that can be like.
October 15, 2008 at 12:02 am
Amy, great presentation today at Tech Tuesday! I really enjoyed it!!!