Instagram will allow new advertisers to create ads without linking to a Facebook page. It feels like this is a move Instagram should have made a while ago, but better late than never right?
Instagram announced that the social media giant will now allow new advertisers to promote their business, product, or content without having to connect to Facebook.
Previously, Instagram had been adamant about linking business profiles to Facebook, so the change is sudden, and the motive is contentious, buttttttt we’re not gonna question it.
This move supports small businesses, so we’re all for it. Although this change may seem irrelevant, here are five reasons it is:
- Previously requiring users to link a Facebook account to their Instagram in order to run an ad is time consuming.
- Not everyone has or likes Facebook.
- Associating yourself with a Facebook Page creates an additional way for people to get in contact with you, which can make things messy… sometimes less is more.
- Creating a business profile without connecting to Facebook will allow more people access to the same great benefits of having a business profile (benefits include insights on impressions, reach, audience, and activity).
- Maybe this is the beginning of a separation between the two social media platforms resulting in other new, beneficial policies.
Some have speculated that the reasons Facebook may want to push this slight crack between its products is because of some of their failures recently and the very real possibility of their being broken up by regulators in the future.
Take advantage and quickly set up a business profile, this is a potential opportunity for businesses that are hurting to learn about their customers and promote themselves!