Sound has a dramatic effect on how you feel and how you respond, so why not put the simple power of sound to work on your behalf? You can use pleasing sounds in your environments to subtly transform your spaces into surroundings that support you. Consider the use of your space and the power of sound as you rediscover this basic part of life.
- Much is talked about in Feng Shui regarding wind chimes-where they belong and do not belong, which side of the door, front yard or back yard-the list goes on. The most important thing to remember is that the sound they produce must be pleasing to you. The chimes are producing sound and are therefore attracting energy. A happy sound will attract positive energy. Place them in an area where you want to attract more energy into your space. The classic placement for wind chimes is near the front door, but try them in other areas that can use a lift as well.
- A little music goes a long way in a staged home, whether it is occupied or not. A simple clock radio playing soft music to greet buyers as they enter a home is a great way to say “welcome”. Create a mood and watch as visitors come in at your next open house, you might be surprised at the difference a little music can make.
- Do you love the sound of a babbling brook or a waterfall? Adding a water feature is a dramatic way to introduce sound to your space. You can go all out and build a water feature in the front yard or you can add a tabletop or wall mount fountain to your office. Depending upon the flow of water, it can be exciting and invigorating or soothing and relaxing, so be sure to keep that in mind when you choose your water feature.
- You can even kick things up a bit and use the power of sound in some simple space clearing and intention-setting ceremonies. Bells, drums, and sound bowls are great ways to help focus and set your intentions and to clear negative energy from a space.
- If you live or work in an area where the background noise is less than pleasant, consider adding a water feature or adding a gentle soundtrack to create the ambiance you yearn for.
Embrace the power of sound and make your environment the supportive and nurturing space you deserve!
Image by drx
January 3, 2009 at 2:16 pm
we’re at it again Are Your Spaces Singing Your Favorite Sounds?: Get out of your feed reader an.. https://tinyurl.com/7vhsuv
January 4, 2009 at 7:36 am
Thanks for the reminder.
What would a movie be without a sound track?
What’s life like without a sound track?
I’m gonna layer on more sound.
January 4, 2009 at 8:49 pm
Nicki – Great reminder – Music has a way of soothing the soul. I love the sound of a waterfall – peaceful, relaxing and has a way of bringing out the deamer in me.
February 9, 2009 at 5:50 pm
Are Your Spaces Singing Your Favorite Sounds?: Get out of your feed reader and comment on this post- we PROMISE .. https://tinyurl.com/7vhsuv