Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The American Genius Real EstateThe American Genius Real Estate

Real Estate Marketing

Mobile marketing is critical, and we’ve got the stats to prove it

Mobile marketing is the future. Any marketer today knows that one of the most important keys to future success is adapting to and optimizing for the mobile market.

Person holding phone representing customer service.

Mobile marketing is the future. Any marketer today knows that one of the most important keys to future success is adapting to and optimizing for the mobile market. Just look around next time you’re in a public place – you don’t have to look far to find someone with their head down and nose buried in their smartphone.

bar

Spoiler alert: your brand needs to be accessible on mobile

While that fact may seem obvious, what may surprise you are these mobile facts compiled by Business 2 Community:

  • Marketers in the U.S. increased mobile advertising spending by 50% over 2014 to $28.72 billion in 2015. (MediaPost)
  • 57% of consumers will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (Payfirma)
  • 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience. (Payfirma)
  • 73% of all the people on earth (5.2 billion) are mobile phone users. 40% of those (just over two billion) own smartphones. (Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends)
  • 44% of millennials use their smartphones’ camera or video functions at least daily; an astounding 87% use those features at least once per week. 76% share photos and video on social media. (Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends)
  • Mobile accounted 45% share of US organic search traffic in the first part of 2015 (based primarily on retail / B2C client data). The iPhone (18%) and iPad (12%) alone contributed a combined 30% of organic search traffic. (e-Strategy Trends)
  • Two-thirds of all U.S. emails were opened via mobile in the first quarter of last year. Half were accessed on smartphones, and 17% occurred on a tablet, with the remaining 33% being opened on your traditional desktop. (V3 Broadsuite Blog)

 

  • The iPhone is the single dominant mobile email reading device, but its users spend the least amount of time looking at individual emails. Mobile devices drive more opens but far fewer conversions (example: iPhone: 42% of opens, 18% of conversions). (MarketingLand)

What are you waiting for?

Despite mobile’s projected growth, the impact of it as a marketing technique is still relatively difficult to measure. Although, with the new innovations in technology happening everyday, measuring mobile should be easier in the near future. Regardless, the mobile landscape offers ample opportunities for marketers.

#GetOnMobile

Written By

Nichole earned a Master's in Sociology from Texas State University and has publications in peer-reviewed journals. She has spent her career in tech and advertising. Her writing interests include the intersection of tech and society. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Communication and Media Studies at Murdoch University.

Advertisement

The Daily Intel
in your inbox

Subscribe and get news and EXCLUSIVE content to your email inbox.

Advertisement

KEEP READING!

Real Estate Marketing

Marketing is essential to any successful business, but how can you do it with little or no budget? Try thinking outside the box.

Real Estate Marketing

(MARKETING) It is often easy to fall for vanity metrics, everyone does it. But "being number one" is so stupidly subjective, don't cave.

Real Estate Marketing

(MARKETING NEWS) Sometimes promotional emails can cause us to purge our inboxes due to over-inundation. New data examines specific reasons customers unsubscribe from mailing...

Real Estate Marketing

Will you read this article? According to the latest research, if you got as far as reading that question, the answer is more likely...

The American Genius' real estate section is honest, up to the minute real estate industry news crafted for industry practitioners - we cut through the pay-to-play news fluff to bring you what's happening behind closed doors, what's meaningful to your practice, and what to expect in the future. We're your competitive advantage. The American Genius, LLC Copyright © 2005-2022