How do you Touch?
Do you make sure and “touch” your clients? I’m talking about current, past, and those you hope to be future clients? Most would agree that people like to receive their touches in different forms, so it is important to alternate the ways that you send out the message that you are still around to serve them.
Direct mail, phone calls, emails, drop-by visits, gifts, and get-togethers are all the typical methods people use to stay in touch. People will actually receive your touch in different ways. For some clients it will mean more if you have an auditory conversation with them while others prefer the visual in a piece of mail/email. So it is important to mix up your touches with different methods.
Vary it Up
Get creative. What do you do with the “same ole” flyers that arrive in your work mailbox? I know I stand at the recycle bin. Dump! Do you even remember the phone call from your vendor, “Kim, I’m here to help whenever you have clients that need a provider that will get the job done right.” ? Delete!
Are you tired of hearing this from me yet? I think one of the biggest mistakes people make in any type of selling role is that they focus on the sale and not the individuals. Ya see, you have to make and continue the connection if you expect people to trust you for their transaction.
Try These for Starters
Some automated contact is alright, but you have to get adventurous and do some things that the competition isn’t thinking of. Here are some things that I have tried and plan to try that are a little bit off the wall, but sure to be remembered!
- Pick up the phone and sing Happy Birthday, the whole song, even if on voicemail. Do you sing great or horrible? Does it matter? Do you think they’ll remember it regardless? Yes!
- Find a short, meaningful quote and email it to your list. Nothing about Real Estate. No signature block.
- Use a service like Eyejot and send a personal (not generic) video email message – short & sweet.
- Send a text message when you plan on being at a coffee shop for a while, “I’m at __, come by for a cup on me!”
- Support charities together. Send a postcard offering to match a prearranged drive with funds, food, toys that your contacts donate.
What can you add to the list?